Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Incentives for Facebook Likes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up
    ::

I’m setting up a Facebook page for a Physiotherapist business and they’re looking for ideas to get their patients to like their page. I have given them some suggestions but considering their clients are actually patients, some might not want to connect with them or might fear that personal information is given regarding their treatment.

I’ve sent the following to them but thought I’d come here and ask for suggestions – perhaps you’ve done these yourself for your Facebook page.

Some businesses do incentives such as discounts, gifts, prizes, or even an ‘honourable mention’ on their page. You know your clients better and your business so you might want to do something that perhaps provides a treat for clients on their birthdays if they like your Facebook page perhaps.

And for those clients who are getting treatment for recovery from accidents perhaps, you might want to do a case story a week or month on their progress and what you’ve been able to do for that patient. Include a photo and tag the patient. This will turn up on their Facebook page and will highlight your service to all their friends and family members.

If you have a birthday list you can tag patients by sending a Happy Birthday message to them via Facebook and it will show up on their wall.

Ultimately it’s up to the client what they want to do and they will know what they can or cannot say on their Facebook page. It’s more just ideas we’re looking for to help them promote their page and grow their audience. Thanks in advance.

spinninghill
    • Total posts: 345
    Up

For me, a Physio’s Facebook page should include lots of helpful tips and pieces of advice for looking after your body. Videos of stretches, pictures of exercise programs, flyers for fun runs (other organisation’s runs) etc.

If you do this well and keep it interesting, interactive and fun, then it should grow organically.

I would include the page link on all signature blocks – maybe even on the invoices??.

And finally, I would use word of mouth – eg, have the physio/s drop the Facebook Page into discussions with patients. Anytime I go to a physio, there is plenty of idle chit chat.

One thing I have found is that things like comps on Facebook (Which can be against the Facebook policy and risk Facebook expulsion) are not the best way to get fans. Making a useful and interesting page is the best bet. Telling people about the page is the next step.

Oh yeah last thing, offer promo’s on your page.

Sorry, I know probably not all that helpful..

Michael

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

Michael, those suggestions are very helpful and I appreciate your time in answering. Yes, I know about Facebook’s rules re the competitions – we aren’t going to run any competitions on their Facebook page, but rather promote things via their website and at the clinic and offer incentives as a result. We haven’t got the wording sorted for that yet but are collating ideas for the present time.

Ticks
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

We’ve found asking clients for a testimonial which we put up onto Facebook very successful. They are signed with the first name of the client and the state they live in.
    Another thing that has worked very quickly is that when you know there is going to be a quiet time in the practice you let people know via Facebook and invite them to contact you for a standby rate.

spinninghill
    • Total posts: 345
    Up
    kathiemt, post: 123345 wrote:
    Michael, those suggestions are very helpful and I appreciate your time in answering. Yes, I know about Facebook’s rules re the competitions – we aren’t going to run any competitions on their Facebook page, but rather promote things via their website and at the clinic and offer incentives as a result. We haven’t got the wording sorted for that yet but are collating ideas for the present time.

Nice one Kathie – check out Finess Physiotherapy’s page that I follow. They don’t have hundreds or thousands of fans, but maybe worth a quick look for ideas? http://www.facebook.com/pages/Finesse-Physiotherapy/169482049749704

For mine they post far too irregularly. 1-3 posts per day would be better. Maybe check a few more popular Physio pages for ideas. Good luck

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.