Home – New Forums Other discussions Increased in spam?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    ::

Hi FS Adminions,

Apologies as i have asked this once before since the change, or should i say ‘eluded’ to, although has there been a spike in SPAM posts since the changeover? From my perspective, i have been seeing a lot more slip through the nets so to speak and taking considerably more time to remove – if they are removed at all.

Is this because your SEO is so much better now that peeps are finding you to hit? It is becoming a little frustrating coming to the forum and seeing the SPAM stay on so long as well as blatant sales propositions of clothing lists and the likes from noob posters etc that have, and are still, on the forums to this very moment… Its becoming harder to decide on which posts to go to and i am finding it is clouding my judgement on what posts to read, or contribute to (not that that is a huge loss :D)

Must apologise again as i know this sounds like a lil complaining, but am truly curious about how these intrusions into the lovely FS community are being tackled :(

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

My 2 cents.

I hadn’t particularly noticed it till you mentioned it a while back (perhaps because I wasn’t lurking as often) … but then there seemed to be a flood of spam, seems to come in bursts imo.

I have no real idea why, but could it be the new site structure is easier to “scrape”?

Either that or some opportunist reckons their onto something and is repeatedly doing it “wearing different hats”, some of the posts smelled like they may have had a common source.

I usually treat them like “sport” if I have the time … usually they’re pretty easy to take the P out of.

Cheers

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Hey Jason, There does appear to be more. And in regards to Jo, I sent her an email asking how much for the list and she never replied, she’s not a very good Business (spam) woman…

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hi Jason and all,

Thanks for bringing this up (and for your spam reports too). The new forum platform does seem to have attracted a fresh new wave too unfortunately ☹

We’re currently finalising some new measures including IP filtering (which worked well on the last site) and behind the scenes we’re rolling out real-time alerts for Adminions so we can jump on reports pronto! This should clear a lot of things up.

In the meantime, please keep hitting the ‘Report’ link at the bottom of posts for anything suss and we’ll have the ‘ban and clean’ option ready.

Thanks again and any questions let us know.

Cheers, Peter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.