Home – New Forums Find the help you need Independent inspection company for china import

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    supanatural
    • Total posts: 53
    Up
    ::

Hi guys/gals,

We are just about to pay our 30% deposit for our first import from china and require someone replicable to inspect our goods prior to shipment and even check out the factory before deposit is made if possible. Can anyone recommend a good inspection company based in Australia with good email response times?

I would very much appreciate assistance with this.

Btw, they are electrical goods.

Thanks,
    Matt

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Howdy Matt

Congrats mate… sounds like interesting times…

Although i have no real input with the inspection time, i would love to ask you a few questions if i may?

If you have already negotiated the prices and the likes and got your PI already (i assume this as you say the 30% is about to be paid) may i ask why you are only now querying the reputation of the supplier? As the reputation of the supplier will affect the pricing that you appear to have already negotiated, i would think?

There is a buying agent based out of HK on this forum who appears quite knowledgable across the board.. He seems to facilitate buys, find stock and all sorts of things.. I am sure Johny would welcome your contact, click here for his profile page. Johny please jump in and correct me if this isnt your forte..

Johny speaks frequently throughout this forum and tends to be quite frank about his discussion which is a godsend for any person you intend to use as an agent/inspector etc etc… and can sometimes, even, negotiate better rates or conditions for you. dont hold me to that, but this has been my experience in the past when dealing with China and this sort of ‘business’..

Anyways, good luck and sure some more people will jump on board with advice..

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    supanatural
    • Total posts: 53
    Up
    SimplyReplica, post: 187376 wrote:
    Howdy Matt

Congrats mate… sounds like interesting times…

Although i have no real input with the inspection time, i would love to ask you a few questions if i may?

If you have already negotiated the prices and the likes and got your PI already (i assume this as you say the 30% is about to be paid) may i ask why you are only now querying the reputation of the supplier? As the reputation of the supplier will affect the pricing that you appear to have already negotiated, i would think?

There is a buying agent based out of HK on this forum who appears quite knowledgable across the board.. He seems to facilitate buys, find stock and all sorts of things.. I am sure Johny would welcome your contact, click here for his profile page. Johny please jump in and correct me if this isnt your forte..

Johny speaks frequently throughout this forum and tends to be quite frank about his discussion which is a godsend for any person you intend to use as an agent/inspector etc etc… and can sometimes, even, negotiate better rates or conditions for you. dont hold me to that, but this has been my experience in the past when dealing with China and this sort of ‘business’..

Anyways, good luck and sure some more people will jump on board with advice..

Cheers
    Jason

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your quick response, The reason why we question the supplier is that first time order over US8k. We requested a L/C which they won’t accept. They will only accept 30% deposit T/T and the rest against B/L on sight of docs. We just want to protect ourselves from receiving a ton of bricks….

Matt

Johny
    • Total posts: 840
    Up

Jason, thanks again for your comments and recommendation.

Matt,

Contrary to a lot of what you read and hear, for what would be considered smaller orders like yours (small in terms of the cost of an L/C compared to the order amount) , L/Cs are just not as common as is often suggested. There are those that suggest that L/Cs are the only way you should pay, but the reality is:-

1. They are expensive when taken as a percentage of the order
    2. They are not attractive to suppliers because:-

a) They don’t get paid until after order is received by the buyer which can take several months
    b) The buyer has right of refusal to pay on receipt of the goods, so not attractive to a supplier. (And that refusal to pay is not always based on quality issues.)

In relation to your specific question, some comments as follows:-

1.You are effectively looking for 2 inspections. One factory inspection and one pre shipment inspection. I have visited factories, but it is a very long time since I have had a specific factory inspection completed.

For your information, a pre shipment inspection should cost around USD 200.00 per man day (+ possible a little extra for travel etc). Without knowing the complexity of the products, generally what you are looking for can be completed within one day.

I don’t know any Australian companies, but I have had work done with a good one from over here.

If you like, I am more than happy to:-

1. If you want to let me know some details privately, have a quick look at your intended supplier. It won’t be an official assessment, just an opinion that may help you in your decisions. No guarantees offered and not seeking any obligation for you to do anything with me.

2. Let you know the details of the inspection company we have used.

Finally, in relation to this comment:-

We just want to protect ourselves from receiving a ton of bricks….

It happens, but a whole lot of diligence at the front end of the deal more often than not overcomes this.

You do need to be conscious of things that can happen, but don’t let the stories you hear cloud the fact that things aren’t all bad.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.