Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Indian Ethnic Art

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Ethnic Indian Art
    • Total posts: 19
    Up
    ::

Hello All,

I will soon start selling Indian Tribal Art on the internet. These hand paintings are done by the ‘Warli’ tribe that live close to Mumbai in Maharashtra. This is the first time that such art is being sold in Australia and I am looking for ideas on how to create awareness of this concept. Ideas will be most welcome.

I am pricing my hand paintings very reasonably (between $50-$250 including shipment within Australia). All art work is done by hand and will be sold unframed to keep costs low.

Kind regards,

Ralph
    Indian Ethnic Art

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Ralph,

Welcome,
    Who specifically are your target markets?

Steve

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Ralph,

Thanks for joining Flying Solo – it’s nice to meet you and that sounds like an interesting business.

This is a forum for small businesses based in Australia, so could you please confirm for us whether you’re based here or in India?

Thanks very much, and all the best for your new venture.
    Jayne

Ethnic Indian Art
    Up
    FS Concierge, post: 134002 wrote:
    Hi Ralph,

Thanks for joining Flying Solo – it’s nice to meet you and that sounds like an interesting business.

This is a forum for small businesses based in Australia, so could you please confirm for us whether you’re based here or in India?

Thanks very much, and all the best for your new venture.
    Jayne

Hi Jayne,

Thanks for the welcome. I am based in Melbourne.

Regards,

Ralph

Ethnic Indian Art
    Up
    Divert To Mobile, post: 133949 wrote:
    Hi Ralph,

Welcome,
    Who specifically are your target markets?

Steve

Hi Steve,

This is being introduced for the first time in Australia and I don’t have a target market in mind. Having said that, I would love to make the average Aussie aware of village life in India. Most of these paintings depict such life including wedding ceremonies, festivals etc.and show farming (with bullocks), women drawing water from wells, cooking on wood fire etc.

Regards,

Ralph

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up

Welcome to the forums, Ralph. Hope you enjoy your time on here and pick up plenty of valuable information.

sachin
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

Hi Ralph

Just a one month back I left my job to start solo, I am from Melbourne. Recently shifted to India to see what I ncan do from here, basically interested doing business with Australia, as I am Australian citizen & have formed companies in australia & India as well.
    I am camped in gujarat – the state art over here is very famous and can add colors to you offering if you want to add “Kacchi Bharatkam” art from this place, let me know if you are interested, i can send you more info on this plus some detailed photos of the art work which you can sell in australia.

cheers

sachin
    sachinmgodse at gmail.com or at yahoo.com

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.