Home – New Forums Selling online Indian fashion accessories market in Australia

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Shivani.katyal
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

Firstly to introduce myself, I am a new immigrant to Australia; arrived 3 months ago. I was planning to start my Indian fashion accessories e-commerce business in India but moved to Australia with my family. I would like to understand market for Indian fashion accessories i.e. traditional earrings, neck pieces, rings and bracelets in Australia. Also I will include Indian home decor items i.e. bedsheets. Is there a market for these in Australia?

Otherwise I am thinking about quirky sunglasses and earrings.

I am thinking of selling through Social Media first and then move to e-commerce once I see positive response.

Please share your reviews on this.

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Welcome to the forums [USER=115574]@Shivani.katyal[/USER]

Possibly start by talking to the Indian-Australian community about their shopping habits?

Dave

RunicConvenience
    • Total posts: 186
    Up

I feel most indians would get harsh words from parents if they wasted money on those things instead of just asking for similar from family back home.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up
    RunicConvenience, post: 266847, member: 112020 wrote:
    I feel most indians would get harsh words from parents if they wasted money on those things instead of just asking for similar from family back home.
    I think OP is asking about the broader market in Australia including people of non-Indian descent.
    Shivani.katyal
    Up
    Dave – FS Concierge, post: 266845, member: 49676 wrote:
    Welcome to the forums [USER=115574]@Shivani.katyal[/USER]

Possibly start by talking to the Indian-Australian community about their shopping habits?

Dave
    Thanks Dave, yes It would be next step. Involving in Indian Australian community get togethers to understand shopping habits.

Shivani.katyal
    Up
    RunicConvenience, post: 266847, member: 112020 wrote:

I have met a few Indian families who have not travelled to India for 4-5 years after arriving in Australia. For first generation Indians, festivals and weddings are very important and part of it is dressing up for these events hence this business idea but as Dave suggested I need to talk to them to understand their shopping habits so might involve more into community events.

Shivani.katyal
    Up
    Paul – FS Concierge, post: 266848, member: 78928 wrote:
    I think OP is asking about the broader market in Australia including people of non-Indian descent.

Hi Paul, yes this is an alternative. In case there is not much market for Indian fashion accessories. I want to go forward with broader fashion accessories as I mentioned sunnies and earrings. But need to understand the market competition for this.

JDSpring
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    Shivani.katyal, post: 266841, member: 115574 wrote:
    Hi All,

Firstly to introduce myself, I am a new immigrant to Australia; arrived 3 months ago. I was planning to start my Indian fashion accessories e-commerce business in India but moved to Australia with my family. I would like to understand market for Indian fashion accessories i.e. traditional earrings, neck pieces, rings and bracelets in Australia. Also I will include Indian home decor items i.e. bedsheets. Is there a market for these in Australia?

Otherwise I am thinking about quirky sunglasses and earrings.

I am thinking of selling through Social Media first and then move to e-commerce once I see positive response.

Please share your reviews on this.

Hi Shivani

I just had a quick look at one of our analytics tools.

On eBay last 30 days is showing sales of $40,345.75 for products related to the key word “Indian Accessories”.

Categories covered in this search include: Fashion, Accessories, Jewelry, Costumes, Bedding and Skin Care.

I have attached a screenshot as proof too :) Hope that helps

businesstrade
    Participant
    • Total posts: 215
    Up

It is quite a niche market but I would suggest speaking to your potential clients here to work out if you have a sizable market or not. Perhaps there is a reputable company they go to already for these niche products?

businesstrade.com.aubuy or sell a business
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.