Home – New Forums Tech talk Indian SEO Companies

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Bubbling With Energy
    • Total posts: 18
    Up
    ::

Good morning everyone,

Has anyone had any experience with Indian SEO companies ? I recently requested offers from around the world to do an SEO campaign on my web site (http://www.bubblingwithenergy.info) and I am receiving several proposals from Indian companies offering the world.

I know the local SEO companies may not think too highly of them however I would love to know if anyone here has had exposure to an indian SEO company good or bad.

Mark

The Infotainer
    • Total posts: 612
    Up

Hello bubbling with energy I have worked along side you guys before.

Indian companies can be good- there are 2 types.

An Australian company who’s workers are in India, or full on Indian companies who don’t have an Australian presence.

I think for communication purposes you would want an Aussie company that perhaps has Indian workers as apposed to sending it to India, if they take your money and don’t deliver- good luck trying to get anything from them (I believe the Aussie fireworks company has not been paid for the fire works at the indian commonwealth games yet!)

going off sure is risky, but like any business check for past clients, get testimonials and call up those companies.

I did look into SEO companies but to be honest I personally would not do business with an indian company, I had enough problems trying to get my money from a Melbourne company that owed me money let alone an outside of Australia company.

SEO is not something (I believe) that you pay money and then they get you to the top of the ladder without help from you, a good SEO company is going to work along side you- they will have to get to know your business in order to get high on particular key words, It’s not really a set it and forget it thing, with that in mind, it’s best to have the ability to communicate easily

The Infotainer
    Up

Looking over your website’s first page, there is a heck of alot you could do yourself

stuff like:

all those links down the side should really be keywords

In Entertainment Instead of Backyard party Host call it birthday party Entertainment

and then Birthday Party Magician
    Birthday Party Fairy

I don’t think people type in backyard party host into google but if they did you come up number 1,

If I were you I would research your keywords and then fix the links and pages on your website, this is what they are going to do and charge you money for it.
    looks like your using http://www.seome.com.au/ at the moment

Other things I do not see on your home page which could easily be fixed:
    —I do not see a site map, which is a page that has every single link on it
    and you create a link from your home page to it.

—Keywords as your menu items- basically what people type into google you would want the links to be- and those links link to a page titles with the same keyword (theres more to it than that but it’s an easy fix

—H1 tags says Jumping castles and party entertainment- get specific- add at least Sydney as in Sydney Jumping Castles, and Sydney party entertainment
    here’s my site http://www.kidsmagicworld.com.au now I do all kinds of kids entertainment and corporate work- but the kids magicworld website is aimed keyword wise predominantly at birthday parties, and I get a heck of alot of enquiries, but I also get enquiries for daycares, shopping centres but I don’t want to be a jack of all trades and a master of nothing, so I focus on birthdays because thats the bulk of my enquiries

I don’t say Backyard parties and no where on my website is the word HOST

Our customers really don’t use that word, they say Fairy or magician or even entertainer or clown , but not really host, it’s a dead keyword- your at the top of google with it- but I doubt that many people are using it to search with.

website usability, is also a common problem
    I would take your top 3 or 4 services and have them as quick links on the right hand side, so if you get 101 enquiries for Jumping castles- have an easy link to it near the top people don’t always read all the text, they look for quick links- a picture of a jumping castle and CLICK HERE will work- keep it simple.

Also there does not seem to be a way of tracking enquiries

On my site you will notice a quick quote form, I do not advertise my price, they fill out the form and then they get an automated price quote

this does 2 things
    1: Allows me to track how many people are going to my site and that are interested in what I sell (some SEO companies give you reports that say we got you 48 hits this week- but you want quality not numbers)
    2: Allows me to develop a database, I now have over 1800 enquiries and with that I know date of party, email address, thisa llows me to automate an email for next year without me doing anything, it just gets sent out 2 months before their birthday and reminds them that they enquiried last year yadaydyaday

with that database I am expanding to a magic shop and I have a great datdabase that I can send out to just before birthdays and just before Xmas

The point is there are plenty of things you can do yourself to your website without having to hire someone

iamsparro
    • Total posts: 65
    Up

Hi Bubbling.

I regularly hire Indian individuals (and elsewhere around the world – Romania, Phillippines, etc) to complete small tasks.

Mostly I’ve found that the “SEO” these individuals / companies know is old-school offsite SEO : directory link building, social bookmarking, article marketing, commenting.

Some of that is still worthwhile, some of it not.

I think it’d be hard for you to find someone that could also optimise onsite + negotiate strong, relevant links, as well as helping you optimise overall (keyword list, usability, conversions, etc).

If you have some knowledge and are willing to acquire more, the most efficient + cheapest way would be to hire these types of contractors for individual tasks (this is how I do it).

For example, if I acquire a link on another site I’ll hire someone to do 100-200 social bookmarks of that page to increase its value to me. I have another guy right now creating a link wheel and another guy, again, increasing that link wheels value by creating inbound links to it.

What I am saying is: manage your offshore contractors for individual jobs rather than letting them go free-for-all.

Bubbling With Energy
    Up

Hi All

Thank you so much for your input I will take all of this on board. Sometimes you look at things in business with blinkers and this type of forum opens your eyes to what else you need to do and look at. Thanks again, simply wonderful.

lutrov
    Participant
    • Total posts: 134
    Up

I get regular sales pitches from various Indian outfits, but for me, it’s a basic issue of trust. I think this blog entry of mine from last year explains it nicely:

http://lutrov.com/blog/why-your-sales-pitch-sucks

In a nutshell, it’s difficult for people to trust you when you come across as illiterate, lazy, and careless. Of course, I’m not saying all Indian joints are this bad, just the ones who’ve tried to flog me their wares.

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up

I’ve been hounded by overseas SEO companies by phone and email, and not just from India either. Last week I had phone calls from four and I don’t even bother counting all the spam emails.

Initially, I would check out their offerings but I stopped doing this long ago because none of them really knew much about SEO.

If they don’t know what they are doing they can hurt your site’s rankings badly by linking to inappropriate sites.

I’m not saying there are not good ones out there, it’s a case of the incompetants out numbered them dramatically.

The same is also true of many Australain companies who purport to be SEO experts.

I find they focus on link building services which is a time consuming element of SEO but in many situations is the least cost effective way of increasing sales.

If you don’t know all the complexities of how search engines “value” links, you are not alone. All of the overseas SEO services I’ve checked out don’t understand it either.

Caveat emptor (Buyer beware)

The Infotainer is giving you a lot of useful info.

Let me offer a simplification…

Work on your visible page copy and the of each page.</p> <p>Eg: Petting Farm <a href="http://www.bubblingwithenergy.info/entertainers/petting-farm/" class="bbcode_url" rel="nofollow">http://www.bubblingwithenergy.info/entertainers/petting-farm/</a></p> <p>Think of someone landing on this page from a search engine.</p> <p>The page is missing a bunch of important information in the visible text. If someone lands on this page they will want to know:</p> <p>Who is the service for?<br /> More details about the range of animals available. At the moment it looks like all you have is a rabbit, a sheep and a guinea pig.<br /> Where is this service available?<br /> How much space is needed and other logistic issues.<br /> Max. and min. hiring times.</p> <p>(I know you have addressed some of these minimally. You need to write a sales letter and publish it here.)</p> <p>Call to action. You want this to be as simple as possible. Yours is way too hard.</p> <p>1. Give them a toll free phone number on this page<br /> 2. Give them a simple email form on this page that only asks them for their name, email address and phone number maybe with an option for them to tell you they prefer an email or a phone call from you. Don’t make them click a link to another page for an email form and your form is way too complicated.</p> <p>You will be losing many enquiries with your complex form.</p> <p>Now change your page title. At the moment it says, “Petting farm”.</p> <p>Change it to something like: Hire a petting farm: Sydney, Wollongong. School fetes, kids parties, corporate events</p> <p>Do this on all your pages and I think you should attract many more enquiries.</p> <p>Regs,</p> <p>JohnW

Bubbling With Energy
    Up

Thanks John and the other posters to my request. It has been quite eye opening to hear your comments as when you are in the business you do grow blinkers so it is great to receive such quality comments. I do know many of our pages are not optimised well enough and over the coming months we will be doing as such, when time permits. Thanks again and keep the posts coming I do take all of it on board.

createdevelop
    • Total posts: 171
    Up

Our experience with outsourcing, almost anything, to India is this.

It is great if you know what you want. If you can be specific and give technical information to them, then they will follow that to the letter. However if you ask for a website, you will get exactly that, the cheapest website possible.

You get what you pay for. If you are paying $2 an hour, don’t expect a great deal of thinking to go into it. If you are paying $60 an hour, you can expect returns better than you might get here in Australia.

Shop around and find out who has a reputation to lose. Every man and his dog runs a tech company in India. It is only those that have a reputation to lose that will work hard for you. Otherwise you could easily pay someone and then never hear from them again.

Consider using oDesk, guru or RentaCoder. They have escrow systems already in place, with a good reputation system. That way you know who you are dealing with and you are not likely to get left high and dry.

Bubbling With Energy
    Up

Thanks again for the information I will have a look at that. We have been offered the world by about a dozen indian companies. Some have gone in to a lot of detail so I will let you know how we go.

seocourse
    • Total posts: 918
    Up
    Bubbling With Energy, post: 85904 wrote:
    Thanks again for the information I will have a look at that. We have been offered the world by about a dozen indian companies. Some have gone in to a lot of detail so I will let you know how we go.

Why not move to SEO consultant or SEO professional instead of company.
    I’m fully booked at the moment, but there are tons of nice folks that are not “SEO companies” and I’m sure they can help you.

You may want to read this
    http://www.internetninja.com.au/outsourcing-seo-to-india/

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up

Bubbling With Energy, post: 85904 wrote:
    We have been offered the world by about a dozen indian companies. Some have gone in to a lot of detail so I will let you know how we go.
    You really need to know a lot about SEO just to adequately assess the quality of SEO consultants.

I client of mine was considering using the services of overseas SEO companies. He kept sending me their “detailed submissions” to assess.

Here are extracts of some of the responses I sent him.

SEO Company 1

(To my client)
    “You need to target thousands of search words… You have a large website…

This person is not offering any comparable examples to your site. These are small sites that are focused on a handful of keywords in uncompetitive markets.”

“Question 2: Will this SEO company implement a useful link building strategy or will he get you banned by Google?”

“… 800 links from (a spammy blog site) to (a referenced client’s website). (Spammy blog site) is some site hosted in Azerbyjan. It looks like Google, Bing and Yahoo have kicked it out of their indexes.” (This is a BIG RED FLAG that this SEO could get your site penalised by Google.)

SEO Company 2
    “The business owner and his company has only been involved in the Internet since 2007. Initially he called himself a web designer. Sometime later he started calling himself an SEO consultant. Prior to that he worked for a telecommunications company.”

His website references “nothing about SEO strategy, site design, site structure or SEO of large sites.”

An assessment of sites quoted as examples of his work:

“(Site 1) = 1,050 pages targeting “real estate supplies” – not much serious SEO competition for the target search phrase.
    (Site 2) This reference is out of date. Google reads the Home page as, “Website is on Update. Sorry for the incovenience!”
    (Site 3) The site seems to be dead – can’t access it.
    (Site 4) This is only a 5 page site.
    (Site 5) It is not obvious what SEO work has been done on this site. I can’t even tell what words he’s targeting.
    (Site 6) I don’t see much SEO going on here and I have trouble finding the site in Google.
    (Site 7) Its Home page title is targeting the search phrase, “litho printers east anglia”. It only ranks 7th for this phrase and there were only 27,000 results to the search.”

There was another overseas SEO company my client asked me to assess – more of the same. The client gave up sending them to me at that point.

Regs,
    JohnW

The Infotainer
    Up

MY advice is stay away from the indian company and deal with someone in Australia

eevolution
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Hi, as we are a technology company we are constantly hounded by Indian SEO companies to do SEO for us. What amazes me is that on our contact page we clearly state to not contact us if you are an outsourcing company yet on a daily basis we receive Skype / e-mail requests / form submissions from our contact page.

As others have mentioned if at all possible choose an Australian based IT company OR if you do want to go down the outsourcing route try getting them to do some SEO on a test website first. Even if it is a simple blogger type website so you can see what they are actually do and more importantly if they do use “shady tactics” then your main website will not be hurt.

Ask for references from non-indian based companies and send them an email or call the company up to make sure that the reference was legit.

Ask them what process do they use when doing SEO; If they mention automated tools such as Xrumer / Scapebox (Basically SPAM tools) then be very careful (Personally I would run a mile :-) ).

Finally, do not ever go with an hourly rate with a new company, get them to quote per job and ask to see detailed reports of where they built you backlinks and for what keywords etc

Best wishes
    Mark

Netorigin
    • Total posts: 421
    Up

We have never used an Indian SEO company, but on a weekly basis we are constantly receiving unsolicited/spam email from these companies located offshore. Some have even sent up a follow-up email to see if we are still interested in their SEO proposal. It is just always a constant uphill battle on removing these time wasting tickets from our support system.

Does anybody else here receive such emails?

Cheers,
    Shaun

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Indian SEO Companies’ is closed to new replies.