Home Forums Starting your journey Indoor soft play

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    brookebell
    • Total posts: 1

Hello!

I am looking into starting up an indoor soft play centre. The closest one to me is about 3 hours away! I have some great ideas but no idea where to start. The nitty gritty and legalities of it all. I’ve searched for a rough start up cost but have found nothing. As a mother of a toddler this is something I am super passionate about. Where do I start? Who would my first point of contact be in regards to it all? Any insight, information and tips would be much appreciated.
    thank you!

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,472

I recall there was a similar post on here some 2 years ago, maybe hit the search button and you will find it.

But, my first thought is forget the legalities and start up cost, both are big factors and must be investigated, But number one, two and 3 on you list of things to do is market research, does anyone besides your toddler want one of these, plus is there a big enough population in you area to support it.

Start with the census to see how many toddlers actually live in your area. Then do some research finding out how many of them would be interested. You may have asked all the toddlers you know, but unfortunately thats like asking family, of course they think you idea is great, but you need to go and do some market research of toddlers who don’t know you. Oh and their parents as well, most toddlers will say yes, but will the parents pay, and take them.

Market research first.

Paul – FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 3,126

Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo [USER=79795]@brookebell[/USER] . It is great to have you!
    Thank you for joining our community and posting.

I agree strongly with [USER=53375]@bb1[/USER].

Additionally, through these forums, I have read that these businesses have high costs and smallish profits.

You could call some existing operators and ask them for advice around where they sourced their equipment from and what their experience has been.

Cheers

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.