Home – New Forums Find the help you need Inexpensive custom tailored business suits

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    ChampionAcademy
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

i’m starting up my own business
    i need some fitted suits for my profession as i don’t fit into the ‘standard sizes’
    shirts in particular the correct size does not allow me to have a tie as its just too tight

So what size do i need: ACTUAL!

looking at getting

2 navy suits
    1 black suit
    1 grey suit

note i’m looking for inexpensive not cheap bad quality

Does anyone know someone In Sydney they could recommend
    i dont mind going to china town as long as the quality is good and someone speaks English

thanks for your help

Simple1
    • Total posts: 43
    Up

I understand your dilemma with the shirts, i recommend a European fit shirt, they are a bit fuller in the body.

For the suits, I recommend you try http://www.buy-suits-online.com Buy Suits Online for a great range of fitted and standard fit mens and ladies business suits, business shirts and accessories all online.

They are Australia based! I find that this is the most important factor when shopping for business suits online.

As for Tailored Suits i wouldnt reccomend it. You will get a much better price for off the rack suits.

Good luck,

Simple1.

sixx
    • Total posts: 333
    Up
    Simple1, post: 30904 wrote:
    I understand your dilemma with the shirts, i recommend a European fit shirt, they are a bit fuller in the body.

For the suits, I recommend you try http://www.buy-suits-online.com Buy Suits Online for a great range of fitted and standard fit mens and ladies business suits, business shirts and accessories all online.

They are Australia based! I find that this is the most important factor when shopping for business suits online.

As for Tailored Suits i wouldnt reccomend it. You will get a much better price for off the rack suits.

Good luck,

Simple1.

Australian Made is even better.

Australian based? what does that mean exactly?

Simple1
    • Total posts: 43
    Up
    sixx, post: 30908 wrote:
    Australian Made is even better.

Australian based? what does that mean exactly?

Well just as an example,

have you ever tried to order a suit from India?

Who do you call if the suit does not fit?

Who is liable for returns and faults?

Do you want to deal with time zone hassles and long delays?

Australia Made does not guarantee quality, but Australian based will often guarantee service!

Montagio Custom Tailoring
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

I know this is an old thread… but I thought I’d chime in anyway.

Inexpensive is a subjective term… if what you’re looking for is something that’s going to make you look and feel amazing (and give you more confidence), then in my opinion you can’t go past Custom Tailored Suits and Shirts… and these days they’re not that expensive.

Obviously I say this as I’m in the tailoring business – but it’s now possible to get Tailored Suits and Tailored Shirts in Sydney for the same price as you get off-the-rack. The off-the-rack retail guys have been ripping off men for years… and you can now see that they’re all constantly on sale, some even offering buy-one-get-one-free!! C’mon… there’s only one way to support this discounting long term, and that is by having too high prices in the first place.

Anyway, for around $600-$800 you should be able to get a Custom Tailored Suit in Sydney CBD… and Shirts from $140-$160. This isn’t “cheap” to many people, but if you consider that you’re getting something of real quality which will last you, is individually custom made to your body size, in the style you want, then it’s an investment… not an expense :)

Finally… so long as you buy from a local “bricks-n-mortar” shop, you’ll usually get guarantees for perfect fit and great after sales service as well.

Dane Pymble
    • Total posts: 227
    Up

I’ve used Finestitch & Co & was very happy with their work, you can even check out my testimonial:) – http://finestitch.com.au/about-us/testimonials/

Up

Funny you mention FineStitch & Co!

The guys behind FineStitch are the same guys behind Montagio.

Until now FineStitch has focused on more bespoke outfitting while Montagio focused on streamlining the process of getting a Custom Tailored suit. The 2 brands will shortly merge into the one (Montagio) in the coming months… and we’ll be bigger and better!

LJNathaniel
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

In relation to the OP, is it likely to cost extra If the style of the suit preferred is much older? Say a double breaster for example

MareeJaeger
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

I know someone who is VERY competitive on uniforms I will pm you the details.

Up

It usually costs a little more for a custom tailored double breated suit as they require a little more fabric and and more effort in construction. They’re also a bit of a rarity these days. We generally charge an additional $89 for a double breasted suit.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.