Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Info on Business Cards

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    rmis
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hi Guys,

Am about to get some new business cards done and wanted to bounce ideas as to whether, in addition to the standard address (shopfront) / phone / email, I should add skype and twitter to my cards?

Is it relevant for the social media age or is it overkill?
    Are physical addresses no longer relevant?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

My Wedding Concierge
    • Total posts: 109
    Up

It probably won’t hurt putting it on there, though it might not be enough to get more likes/followers every time you give one out.

I say put it on there, but if you’re wanting to increase your following you probably want to have another more aggressive strategy aside from your business cards.

rmis
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

thank you.

Most of the cards will be given to those in the industry so its more of an acknowledgement that I can be contacted by these methods, rather than a strategy for more customers.

inkable
    • Total posts: 129
    Up

Typically adding as many relavent contact methods without making the card too busy is a good idea. I say relavent in that those contact mediums need to be relavent to you and your business. If you are very active on Twitter and that is important to your business then absolutely add Twitter. But don’t add stuff for the sake of adding it.

Regarding the physical address. If you have a store front then you absolutely need to add your store front address. If you are a B2B operation and have an office and customers and vendors will be either visiting you at that office or they will need that address for sending you physical goods, then yes it is a very good idea to put your physical address on the card. It is alot easier just to hand someone a business card and say “here is my address” rather than having to write by hand. Also an address can be a legal requirement for some contracts so having this information handy on a business card can be useful.

That being said if you don’t want people to know your address (perhaps you have a home office) and want to provide that information selectively then you can consider not adding it to the card.

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

As someone said, it must be relevant.

Consider – how does your ideal client get your business card? Are you there to deliver an explanation? Or does it get posted to them, in a trade show goodie bag?

If you consider how it is received, what you put on it will make more sense.

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up

Only put contact methods on your cards if people are going to use them, and you want people to use them.

Otherwise, you’re just going to end up with a card filled with pointless clutter.

I have some clients that have different cards for different people. i.e. The only hand out their mobile number and personal email address to people that they have entered a business agreement with.

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up

It is always a good idea to give potential clients as many possible avenues in which to contact you, whether it be on your website or a business card.

Mrs Fox
    • Total posts: 81
    Up
    rmis, post: 128475 wrote:
    thank you.

Most of the cards will be given to those in the industry so its more of an acknowledgement that I can be contacted by these methods, rather than a strategy for more customers.

That’s unconventional, but I believe it won’t do any harm. Twitter and Skpe are business communications tools as well. Just make sure you use your business, not personal, social media accounts.

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up
    Dr., post: 128645 wrote:
    That’s unconventional, but I believe it won’t do any harm. Twitter and Skpe are business communications tools as well. Just make sure you use your business, not personal, social media accounts.

There is no real point in having separate accounts for business and personal on social networking platforms, especially Twitter, on the proviso that you act in a professional manner. It is good to show a little personality.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Putting those social media accounts will be a nice idea. This just gives people whom you would give your cards more ways of contacting you. Plus it’s the new “in-thing” now.

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

The only thing to think of is if you are going to put those details on there, you need to ensure that you are always checking those or contactable by those methods. It is a waste of time, and actually harmful to your business if you put Skype down as a contact method, but then are never on line.

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up

The same goes with your Facebook and Twitter page. It’s no use encouraging people to them if they’re ghost towns.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.