Home – New Forums Get productive Inspiration time – “Raising Kids to Be Entrepreneurs”

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    peppie
    • Total posts: 525
    Up
    ::

Are you feeling like it’s not all worth it, could you do with some inspiration?

I certainly could at present, this is a video my wife stumbled upon this morning and it has made my day.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCar_sFfEf4

Now go out and change the world!!!!!!

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Paul,
    Awesome link – thanks!

Have a good day,
    Jayne

Samot
    • Total posts: 157
    Up

Pretty interesting, guy loves himself

Melinda B
    • Total posts: 349
    Up

Wow, fantastic!

Paul Cunningham
    • Total posts: 69
    Up

Inspiring. Something for all of to think about and not just for the potential of our children to be entrepeneurial.

Although, having watched this, I think I have a better understanding of some of the behaviour in my 13 year old and his unending need to seek out odd-jobs and payment from our neighbours.

Samot

Maybe the guy has a high opinon of himself but I think maybe he’s earned the right to a little extra self-love.

JohnSheppard
    • Total posts: 940
    Up
    Paul Cunningham, post: 36487 wrote:
    Maybe the guy has a high opinon of himself but I think maybe he’s earned the right to a little extra self-love.

I think his goal there was to throw in some extra techniques on how to get rich but came off a bit up himeself instead. They seem obvious, but most people don’t do them. I reckon he could have done it just as effectivily without the I’m the greatest routine tho…

I think he misses the point too, a lot of people don’t do those things because of certain important values they have. I mean…everyone knows if you buy from the poor and sell to the rich you’re gonna make a whole lot of money….but its down right mean and kind of a pointless existance :) Do you really want your kids valueing the dollar over everything else? I certainly don’t…

Melinda B
    • Total posts: 349
    Up
    JohnSheppard, post: 36507 wrote:
    I mean…everyone knows if you buy from the poor and sell to the rich you’re gonna make a whole lot of money….but its down right mean and kind of a pointless existance :) Do you really want your kids valueing the dollar over everything else? I certainly don’t…
    I didn’t see it that way – I took it as an example of having the mindset to look for opportunities.
    JohnSheppard
    • Total posts: 940
    Up
    Melinda_B, post: 36522 wrote:
    I didn’t see it that way – I took it as an example of having the mindset to look for opportunities.

It’s the kind of opportunities though….but in retrospect I think you are right, that is probably more where his emphasis was. :)

Claire
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    Samot, post: 36400 wrote:
    Pretty interesting, guy loves himself

You are right Samot, and he probably had a huge battle to achieve that. Most entrepreneurs have to fight out of the ‘bad/wrong/bonkers’ categorisation that people put on them. They have to prove their fundamental worth and that leads to the realisation of self-worth. Good on him. I’ve met lots of entrepreneurs who end up very unhappy.

Claire

Kingo123
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hi Guys,

What i got out of this was in regards to staff and human resources. A lot of the time we get managers who are trying to force staff to try and excel in different areas that they ‘suck’ at.

In my opinion and what i have seen through what we do is that those who seem to excel in the workplace are those who are encouraged to develop what they are already good at. While in every role we have things that need to be done but aren’t our favourite things, as long as the bulk of our role involves doing what we are good at/enjoy generally those people will flourish.

Really enjoyed this, thanks so much,

Kingsley
    http://www.bechallenged.com.au

peppie
    • Total posts: 525
    Up

One of the points I have come across recently in regards to your comment Kingsley is a bit like the idea of marketing our business/product/service in a way that people will love and follow it. Rather like developing a relationship.

The same can be applied to workers/employees. If they like/love what they do and the concept behind the business then they WILL get in and have a go. Even the tasks they may not have liked to do before. The old being appreciated trick.

Consider the sort of thing you hear from employees of big companies with a good image, Apple for one, they love what they do. My kids hate to have to clean up their rooms, they will find all sorts of things to do instead, unless there is an incentive!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.