Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Instagram – Professional Services

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    alliedib
    • Total posts: 453
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

Would be interested in peoples thoughts about using Instagram to market their professional services businesses:
    – Do you use it?
    – Does it work?
    – What are its shortcomings?

Obviously it would be about brand awareness and not direct sales, but for a business such as mine I sometimes struggle to see how I could use it? Any suggestions or thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards,

Mark

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up

Hi Mark,

Are you looking at instagram because it matches your product/service/demographic, or because it’s the hot thing right now?

If you answer #2 then you should probably go back a step and figure out what your goal is, and what marketing channel is most appropriate to achieve that.

Let’s assume you DO definitely know that instagram is the best choice for you, then I can tell you that from experience it definitely can and does work for me and numerous clients of mine and others who aren’t clients of mine. It’s short comings are really more just the constraints of working on a platform which focuses on images and small volumes of text, limited links bio information.

Also it should be pointed out that it can and does get used VERY effectively for direct sales / call to action campaigns, not just branding. (Perhaps you meant that because of your type of business and not just generally i’m not sure)

So perhaps rather than try to figure out how to make your marketing work on instagram, you should go the other way around and determine if instagram is the right fit for your business and go from there.

Hope this helps.

Gizmo
    • Total posts: 731
    Up

[USER=10757]@Stuart B[/USER] Great advice.

I’m going to look at instagram in the near future I have enough on my plate for now.

However what I am not certain of is how does one know if any platform is no good without trying it first?

alliedib
    • Total posts: 453
    Up

Thanks Guys,

Sorry I probably wasn’t that clear in my original post – where the idea came from was that I was at a meeting where Instagram for Business was brought up (one of the guests has just moved back to town and has 120,000 followers for her various businesses). It got me thinking about how Instagram could be best used to promote service based businesses and if it really is a good social media platform for industries such as mine….
    With the constraints of the platform I would envisage that most of the content would be from my day to day interactions (coffee to start the day / lunch at a clients / photos of farms / landscape of risks we insure etc etc) and not necessarily a direct call to action for insurance purposes – this kind of makes it more of a participation platform than anything else. It did start me thinking, however, as to how business that sell the intangible promote this….

Regards,

Mark

Gizmo
    Up

Very good question.
    I thinking it would simply be to build engagements, brand awareness and mind share.
    I would then expect completely different advertising channels would be used for direct call to action ads.

Stuart B
    • Total posts: 1,070
    Up
    Gizmo, post: 225705, member: 43147 wrote:
    [USER=10757]@Stuart B[/USER] Great advice.

I’m going to look at instagram in the near future I have enough on my plate for now.

However what I am not certain of is how does one know if any platform is no good without trying it first?

Well let’s again think differently about this. Of all the major SM platforms (fb, twitter, g+, ig, pinterest) there aren’t any which are “no good” when it comes to helping your business grow. They will all work.

The question is… Is my ideal customer on this platform or on another? Will I be able to incorporate this SM platform into my daily activities or another?

One you know the answer to those questions then the success or failure with the platform simply comes down to your ability to plan and execute a social media strategy properly.

Does that make sense?

Gizmo
    Up
    Stuart B, post: 225722, member: 10757 wrote:
    One you know the answer to those questions then the success or failure with the platform simply comes down to your ability to plan and execute a social media strategy properly.

Does that make sense?

I’m thinking the only way I will know the answer to that is by trying an measuring.
    I think this is best for me as what I have built and provide in MondoTalk, are telco services for home and business. This makes my ideal customer be located potentially anywhere.

But hey I’m no marketing expert, I’m a scientist, I think why my approach is the experimentation one:
    Propose a hypothesis.
    Consider a method to test it.
    Measure the data and examine the results

:)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.