Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Insurance Blog – What Topic?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    alliedib
    • Total posts: 453
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

So I have been asked to provide some content for a community newspaper in a country town and I have been told that I can choose my own topic – problem is I have no idea what topic that will be!
    It will only be a short column however I am not the most creative (technical jargon yes – laymans terms no) and insurance is not the most interesting of topics, so I was hoping to throw it open and get some ideas on what you, as a reader, would like to hear about?

Regards,

Mark

MyGreatIdea
    • Total posts: 2,278
    Up

Hi Mark,

Case studies (they can be fictional) tend to be easy reading for community newspapers. Draw from your own experiences in the past eg. Tim and Sue were expecting their first baby and came to see me last week. You see, Tim runs his own small business and they were worried about what might happen if he was injured blah blah blah.

Start with a story, setting the scene, so that readers can relate. Explain the problem, and how your characters felt, not just the facts. Elaborate on the options available to them, and how you came up with a solution that suited their particular circumstances. Finish off with why they are so much better off now.

You could include stories about claims for unusual circumstances, which would give credibility to the importance of taking out that particular insurance.

Hope that helps!

Wendy :)

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Wendy is on the money again.

But also you say its a country town, normally country towns have one prime industry (ie farming, mining), bring some of that focus into the case study as well. So its most relevant to the majority.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.