Home – New Forums Starting your journey Insurance broker recommendations?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    AliciaC
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I’m currently starting up a small business that covers three main areas: copy-writing and editing, resume/cover letter/KSC/etc. writing, and resume writing/interview skills/job readiness workshops. I want to get a quote for professional indemnity and public liability insurance, but I’m getting a bit overwhelmed with all the options out there. I tried one broker, and was less than impressed with the service.

Does anyone have any recommendations for good brokers to try?

Thanks,

Alicia

alliedib
    • Total posts: 453
    Up

Hi Alicia,

Good to see you are on your way to Flying Solo!

There are a number of markets for the type of policy that you are looking for – I always suggest that people try to combine the PI & PL with the same insurer to minimise the gaps between the two policies (there are a few that will offer a combined policy for you). I am surprised that you have had trouble with this as I can think of 3 insurers off the top of my head that could do this type of risk.

I am happy to discuss with you if you want to give me a call.

Alternatively, have you thought about making an appointment and speaking to a broker in your local area? If you let me know where you are I can PM you some recommendations if I know someone there…

Regards,

Mark

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Alicia,

Welcome to Flying Solo, and good on you for getting your insurances sorted out upfront.

Mark is great and has advised many of our community on their insurance. I suspect that a chat with him would help get rid of that overwhelm you’re feeling.

Good luck with this, and I hope you love every moment of your new business.

Jayne

AliciaC
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Thanks, Mark. Is the phone number in your .sig line the one to use to contact you? I’m in the Melbourne area.

And thanks, Jayne! So do I :-)

Alicia

alliedib
    • Total posts: 453
    Up

Hi Alicia,

Thats correct – its my office number and I will be in for most of the day.

Regards,

Mark

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.