Home – New Forums Starting your journey Insurance for Online Business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    leena
    • Total posts: 31
    Up
    ::

Hi there,

I’m starting up and online store selling sports clothing and accessories and I’m trying to find someone that offers cover for this.

I spoke to AAMI and they said they can’t help because they only cover for local items and I source products both locally and internationally from the US and Europe.

Can anyone help with this?

Thanks!

alliedib
    • Total posts: 453
    Up

Hi Leena,

There are a number of factors that will determine whether an insurance policy will be right for you (Imported items are one of those considerations – AAMI and many direct insurers tend to not want to be involved in that market).

Business Insurance can be complex (especially with some sporting equipment sales and an online store) – my suggestion would be to consult with an insurance broker to find out exactly what you need (if you like please PM me and I would be more than happy to assist you).

Regards,

Mark
    Allied Insurance Brokers

Joe @ Clik Clik
    • Total posts: 20
    Up
    alliedib, post: 157696 wrote:
    Hi Leena,

There are a number of factors that will determine whether an insurance policy will be right for you (Imported items are one of those considerations – AAMI and many direct insurers tend to not want to be involved in that market).

Business Insurance can be complex (especially with some sporting equipment sales and an online store) – my suggestion would be to consult with an insurance broker to find out exactly what you need (if you like please PM me and I would be more than happy to assist you).

Regards,

Mark
    Allied Insurance Brokers

Completely agree with Mark here. In my experience I had to pay a little bit extra using an insurance broker but my broker went off and did the research of what I needed exactly, which gave me piece of mind.

leena
    • Total posts: 31
    Up

Hi Mark,

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, one of the companies I contacted a while ago finally got back to me and were supposed to give me their quotes a couple of days ago but I haven’t heard back even though I mentioned it’s quite urgent. If I don’t hear back today I’ll get someone else to do it.

How long would it take to get quotes if I contacted you later on today? I’m going live with the site this Friday so would like to have everything sorted by then if possible and to give me peace of mind.

Thanks

alliedib
    • Total posts: 453
    Up

Hi Leena,

I will send you a PM with some more information.

Regards,

Mark

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.