Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Insurance for Self Managed Super Funds

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    JK at SSI
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi,
    Spent hours thinking about a catchy title and realised that I would never succeed, given that my business is simply selling insurance to Self Managed Super Funds (‘SMSF’) and their trustees.

Anyway, this is to let you know that I have just launched a new product for SMSF’s.

Every SMSF and Trustee potentially faces significant costs and expenses from ATO audits, investigations & prosecutions, civil penalties, trustee disputes and loss of documents. These costs can range from thousands to hundreds of thousands of dollars. Until now, there has been no all-in-one insurance product to cover these costs. I’ve worked closely with QBE over the last 18 months to design a unique insurance product – some of the key features are:

1. It covers costs and expenses stemming from ATO audits, investigations & prosecutions, civil penalties, trustee disputes and loss of documents (and more)
    2. Purchase online in less than 5 minutes
    3. Options start as little as $175 (tax deductible) plus credit card surcharge
    4. Underwritten by QBE Insurance (Australia) Limited

Visit us at http://www.selfsuperinsurance.com.au.

I reckon I have 12 to 18 months before a competitor enters the market. In the meantime I’m interested in any suggestions how to go about marketing the product.

Best wishes
    John
    http://www.selfsuperinsurance.com.au

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi John,

Nice to meet you, and good luck with your new product.

I’ll be interested to learn how it goes for you,

All the best,
    Jayne

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

Hi There,
    Congrats on getting to market first. I would be getting in touch with every financial planner, accountant etc. that offer SMSF and offering them some form of commission for selling the insurance. You will have to be direct, as these people have no reason to go searching for your product. Direct Mail, telemarketing, media advertising, seminars.

All of these will work for your service, as long as you incentivise the sale of the insurance.

Hope this helps and good luck!

MikeB
    • Total posts: 25
    Up
    AgentMail, post: 73551 wrote:
    Hi There,
    Congrats on getting to market first. I would be getting in touch with every financial planner, accountant etc. that offer SMSF and offering them some form of commission for selling the insurance.

Hi John

Welcome, sounds like a good product. I think the above suggestion is a good one as I was recently sold a similar policy by my accountant. It offered similar protection but for my company rather than a SMSF.

This can also be marketed online as well. I see you’re using wordpress but you appear to be using it as a website. If you’d like to find out how to maximise your site to attract clients I’d be happy to offer some advice.

Please feel free to PM me.

Cheers Mike

JK at SSI
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Hi,
    Thanks for the feedback. Mike B, I am interested in ways to attract clients. I’ve got a meeting with a friend in that area, but depending on what they can help/advise, I’ll give you a call.
    Cheers
    John

wrs
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

JK, as an insurance broker myself I think you have a fantastic product there. Make sure you get on as many forum, blogs as you can to get the word out.Well done though the website looks good.

Regards,

James

Stevo
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Your on the right track John, like James suggest, promote the hell out of it online and you will get started with a bang. LinkedIn is good for SMSF professionals, also, try SPAA (SMSF Professionals Assoc. of Aust.) – perfect hunting ground I would think.

Also, SMSF is the domain of the Accountant (though some Financial Advisers like myself are trying to build a presence too), but I would target Accountants as the biggest opportunity. I know of several who already try and spruik audit insurance to clients, so this would be right up their alley.

Lastly, plenty of online SMSF setup/admin services, another awesome alliance opportunity. So many choices with a niche product like yours, I’m jealous!

Cheers,

Stephen

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.