Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Insurance Requirements for Start Up Dog Treat Business

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    PetaHardy
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi all,
    It is great to find a forum where I can get some advice .
    I am starting up my homemade dog treat business (hobby business at this stage will be looking at expanding depending on demand) selling baked/dehydrated biscuits, jerky, etc. online and at local markets. I have registered the business and wanting to ask what insurances do i need? Would public liability and product insurance be enough or do I need separate market insurance etc. .. the more research i do the more confused I get sorry.

Also is there anything else I have missed ?

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,341
    Up

Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo. It is great to have you!

Thank you for joining our community and posting.

If you talk to 3 x different insurance brokers, you will be in a better position to get the lay of the land.

Keep in mind that insurance is all about risk and there are a lot of people that have too much insurance because the actual risks they are exposed to a minimal or non-existent in actual terms.

Cheers
    ~Paul

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,341
    Up

Just to add Peta,

If you get in touch with some existing operators and ask them about their insurance you may gain some insight.

Same also with some distributors if that is where you see your future as they may have additional requirements.

Cheers
    ~Paul

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.