Home – New Forums Selling online Integration/management of eBay/website inventory

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Shockfree
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    ::

Hey all,

Currently running an eBay store and soon to launch my own website retailing electronics to Australia. I will be selling the same items on both and am very interested to hear how people manage their inventory effectively between online stores and eBay stores.

Is there a CMS which properly integrates and keeps track of inventory on both ? I’ve read that some of the DIY store (big commerce, volusion, etc) have eBay ‘integration’ but I’ve also read on forums that they’re barely worth the white space their written on!

If there isn’t a workable system in which the two stores will communicate with one anther efficiently, what is the next best way to handle inventory control ? Don’t want a product to sell out on one platform and sell shortly thereafter… Will amount to some very unhappy customers.

All thoughts and ideas welcome and appreciated!

Thanks guys,

Mark

John Debrincat
    • Total posts: 963
    Up
    Shockfree, post: 164614 wrote:
    Hey all,

Currently running an eBay store and soon to launch my own website retailing electronics to Australia. I will be selling the same items on both and am very interested to hear how people manage their inventory effectively between online stores and eBay stores.

Is there a CMS which properly integrates and keeps track of inventory on both ? I’ve read that some of the DIY store (big commerce, volusion, etc) have eBay ‘integration’ but I’ve also read on forums that they’re barely worth the white space their written on!

If there isn’t a workable system in which the two stores will communicate with one anther efficiently, what is the next best way to handle inventory control ? Don’t want a product to sell out on one platform and sell shortly thereafter… Will amount to some very unhappy customers.

All thoughts and ideas welcome and appreciated!

Thanks guys,

Mark

Hello Mark,

Most of the hosted solutions generally support integration with eBay pretty well. You can also get plug-ins for most of the open source software that is out there.

We support direct integration to eBay and Amazon from the online store and the stock and orders are all managed from the online store. Sales made on eBay reduce the stock available and the order is sent back to the store to be fulfilled. You can find more information at the following links – FAQS Using eBay and eCorner and also at Selling on eBay from your Online Store.

You will need to create the products on the online store and then send them to eBay. There are also methods to export the eBay listings and import them to the online store to create the products.

The Professional eBay Sellers Association conference recently was held on the Gold Coast and you might find some interesting information on the website – http://www.internetconference.com.au/.

John

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Hi Mark,

Not that i have an answer (although i have seen a few solutions) although i must say i WISH TO THE LORD i found flying solo when i was running ebay and web site and could simply ask a question like that…

Awaiting a reply, i too could benefit :)

Cheers
    Jason ;)

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

As John mentioned, most of the hosted solutions do have something that allows the sharing of data between a website and eBay.

We use WooCommerce for our hosted eCommerce product, which has a great add on which makes this possible.

Shockfree
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 164637 wrote:
    As John mentioned, most of the hosted solutions do have something that allows the sharing of data between a website and eBay.

We use WooCommerce for our hosted eCommerce product, which has a great add on which makes this possible.

Hey Matthew,

Sorry for the late reply. Life’s crazy these days! Can I ask the name of the plugin ? I don’t want to remove any existing listings due to sales history, Will your plugin recognize existing listings and allow me to manage their inventory as well, or will it only follow listings that are published through wordpress ?

Mark

Shockfree
    Up
    SimplyReplica, post: 164620 wrote:
    Hi Mark,

Not that i have an answer (although i have seen a few solutions) although i must say i WISH TO THE LORD i found flying solo when i was running ebay and web site and could simply ask a question like that…

Awaiting a reply, i too could benefit :)

Cheers
    Jason ;)

I’m not complaining! ;)

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    Shockfree, post: 166432 wrote:
    I’m not complaining! ;)

Hey Mark,

Hope your well.. apologies, i wasnt inferring you were complaining.. it was an honest comment of mine saying i wish i had found this place years ago when i was plotting my way alone!

Hope all travelling well

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.