Home – New Forums Logistics International shipping options

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BasAndLokes
    • Total posts: 13
    Up
    ::

Hi folks,

I’m always looking into better and affordable shipping options. I’ve been using DHL Global mail for five years mostly because they are affordable for shipping registered packages. However the speed of delivery is pretty atrocious most times. So so so slow and I ship all over the world. My customers regularly express their frustration with the speed of this service but there is nothing I can do about it. If I go with a faster service it will increase the price six or seven times more. As much as customers complain about the speed I know they’re not doing to pay seven times more for faster shipping and neither am I.

I used Australia post for a little while but they are so much more expensive and that was without even registering or tracking the packages. Plus they lost a number of packages.

Who else would you recommend for affordable international shipping with tracking. My packages are all mostly small DVD sized boxes and under 400g.

I’d love love love your advise and help.

Thanks,
    Bas

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Hi Bas

Although its not applicable to my furniture business i run a side show that also sends CD/DVD size boxes around the globe (mainly USA) and i can never find a good service.. Personally, aside from your request, i use Australia Post and find it more cost effective for my items (keeps to large letter charging :) which helps)…

Without having a better option up my sleeve for you, someone else will surely pop along though, might i suggest you offer your clients 2 options for international freight? one being the existing DHL method you use and over quote delivery times and then list the express option that is 6-7 times higher?

This way, the client knows that the cheaper option can be timely to deliver and if they MUST HAVE speedy delivery they need to pay a higher rate?

Again, i know this does not offer you an alternative, although it can potentially alleviate some of the frustrations that some of your clients may come across.. It also gives you an option, as an alternative, if they do require quick shipping.

Just a thought.

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Petemac
    • Total posts: 171
    Up

Hi Bas, with DHL Global mail it all moves as express to the receivers country and then goes out by mail. So if it is slow, I would expect it is due to the mail system in that country as DHL are one of the carrier partners I use regularly and their express service is fast. With this mnd, if it is the local post that slows it down than maybe the speed won’t change much with Australia Post as I would expect they are still using the local postal service in that country?

Is there any countries in particular that are slow? If so, maybe you can have a note explaining that this is the case and give them a express option?

What does DHL Global mail cost you to the USA?

Cheers

IronMaiden
    • Total posts: 125
    Up

Jason, as an aside, can I ask who you use to transport your chairs intrastate? Sorry if I’m hijacking this post (ducking for cover).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.