Home – New Forums Starting your journey intracompany transaction

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Nino210
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

Our company is going to have another retail store. I am going to register another business name under the same ABN, and keep the two store account in different file in my MYOB system. The issue now is about the intra-company transaction. If I want send Inventory A from Store A to Store B, can I just change the amount of inventory in these two stores? Or do I need to make it a transaction between the two stores? If so, Store A will be the supplier of Store B, I am wondering can I invoice to Store B under the same ABN ? Thank you very much.

nighttax
    • Total posts: 172
    Up

Hello Nino210

As the 1 company owns all there is not too much to worry about. For the sake of tracking all things correctly Company A can invoice Company B but make sure it is a GST FREE invoice as in the eyes of the law there is no change of owner. This way you can show potential buyers of either business a realistic set of business income and expenses for each.

regards
    Evan

StevenMelbourne
    • Total posts: 47
    Up

Evan’s advice is probably the best way forward, especially if you want to create more stores and/or think about franchising later

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.