Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Intro – new kid on the block

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    INFINITY88
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi all,
    A quick intro on ourselves. We are a small business which started about a year ago and are still trying to gain market penetration.
    We market Aloe Vera Drinking Gels for gut health and inner wellness.
    We come from a nutritional background and our small business is based in Sydney.

We are trying to reach out to see if someone out there who might be in a position to give us some direction as to how we can reach a wider audience.
    Our website is: http://www.sanitaaloe.com

Thanks for this space for the intro and we hope to learn heaps from you guys as well as share and contribute what we have learnt too.

Best Regards
    Resh
    SANITA aloe

angelarodgers
    • Total posts: 180
    Up

Hi Resh and welcome!

You’re in the right place for that – plenty of people on here with great ideas on reaching a wider audience. What specific audience are you hoping to reach, and who are you currently reaching with your marketing?

From what I can see on your website and social media links, there’s a few areas you could improve straight away to reach more people and convert more of those who get to your site:

– Make it mobile responsive
    – Add a title to the page other than “Home” which has relevant keywords in it, or even just your product name “Aloe Vera Drinking Gels Australia and New Zealand”
    – Go for a more modern, clean design in general. When it comes to products people put in their bodies, they REALLY need to be able to trust that it’s safe – a cleaner looking design would go a long way here.
    – Your blog has some good content on it, but to get results (traffic and an audience that trusts you), you should ideally be posting at least once a week in this industry
    – Use remarketing if you don’t already to reach people through Facebook ads and Google ads after they have left your website
    – Try other types of Facebook marketing like lookalike audiences to reach a wider group of people who might be interested
    – Your organic content on social media seems pretty good – so keep that up :-)
    – Put testimonials on every page of your website (perhaps in the sidebar) as this builds trust without someone having to seek out the testimonials page
    – Try connecting with major health influencers through social media, like instagram in particular. If one of them endorses your product, that would be awesome! :-)
    – Fix some other issues with the website. When I clicked on the logo on the top left, it took me to an error page – woops!?

Okay, those are my initial thoughts. Hopefully they’ll be useful to you. Sometimes it just takes an outsider looking in to point out things like this. Hoping someone else on here will also comment with their perspective.

All the best!

Angela

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Resh,

Welcome to the forum,
    Looking at the site and the bottle I believe your drink would fit nicely into a health food shop. I think you need to get out, do the hard yards and canvas your health drink to those health food shops. Typiclly there is one in every shopping centre so you have a lot to visit.

Best of luck,

Steve

INFINITY88
    Up

Thanks Angela for all you suggestions. Appreciate your feedback. Will look into the website again and get our web developer to implement some changes. Will be in touch again.

INFINITY88
    Up

Thanks Steve. We are currently already approaching health food outlets and have already started stocking our products there. We are looking at other means of marketing as well especially online as this is one area we really would like to focus on more. Any suggestions?

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Resh,

It’s nice to meet you – thanks for joining us here at Flying Solo :)

Depending on the regulatory status of your products, you’ll need to be very careful about which route you go down. Are they listed as therapeutic goods with the TGA, or are they considered foods for regulatory purposes?

If they’re foods, I recommend that you find ways to market them in environments in which you can give people samples to taste (e.g. expos).

If they’re therapeutic goods, you have more scope to market online, but you’ll still need to be careful not to overstep the advertising guidelines or the approved claims for your products.

I’m happy to comment further if you’re able to clarify the regulatory status – that needs to be the basis from which all advice originates.

Best of luck with it all,
    Jayne

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.