Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Introducing Aerobotic Technology

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    flickdurham
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::

Hi, I’m brand new to owning a small business. My partner and I have been developing an Aerial Robot (Aerobot) for the purpose of Aerial Imaging.

We are looking to change the ownership from sole trader to partnership. Does anyone know where to look for these details? Or any handy hints?

I’m really excited to have found this site, and I see there has been a lot of support and encouragement.

Nice to meet you!

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi flickdurham

Welcome to Flying Solo and thanks for your kind comments :)

I’m not the best person to answer your query, so will leave that to others who are more qualified. But I’m intrigued… what is aerial imaging? I’m having visions of old Holdens with coat-hanger aerials in the shape of Australia, but I don’t think that’s what you mean!

Best
    Jayne

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

Hi flick,

Sounds like an interesting business venture… Can you shoot me through some details (Perhaps a website?) as I’ve had some requests for this from clients in the past, who need aerial photos taken.

Regarding the business change – I strongly suggest you speak to an accountant about this one, they will be able to have a look over your business as a whole and let you know which will be the best option for minmising your tax.

Personally, I speak to Fletcher tax (website) (a member of the forums) about this sort of thing, but there are plenty of others here who I’m sure would love to help.

flickdurham
    Up

Thank you both for replying. My first time on forums so it’s great to have people respond!

I’ve never thought of “Aerial” imaging as an actual aerial, so that’s pretty funny you mention it Jayne!

Emroy, our website is http://www.eyeinthesky.net.au. We’ve just launched our new site. If you have any comments or suggestions, they are welcome.

Where are you based Emroy?

Thanks again to both of you for showing an interest.

Jake@EmroyPrint
    Up

Oh! For gods sake! I was looking for something exactly like this around a month ago!

I am definitely adding you to my bookmarks from now on =)

Quite a neat little system you have there =)

I’m based in Sydney, how about yourself?

flickdurham
    Up

Thanks Jake, happy you like it! So you’ve heard of Aerobots before then?

If you ever have any work, we are happy to travel. What line of business are you in?

Thanks for replying once again.

Jake@EmroyPrint
    Up

Flick,

To be honest, I actually haven’t heard of it before … Thats why I think it’s so fantastic.

I’m in print & Design, more often than not clients will have their own photos for use but sometimes will need me to organise photography.

I had to organise Aerial shots a few weeks ago, which this would definately have come in handy.

I’ll be sure to let you know if anything comes up =)

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Flick, that is WAY cool! I had no idea such technology existed! I love it!

(And I know a five year old boy who is addicted to remote control helicopters who will want to be you when he grows up!)

Hope everything goes brilliantly for you, and look forward to hanging out with you on the boards.

Jayne

flickdurham
    Up

Thanks Jayne.

There a little baby quads you can buy for around $100, maybe not suitable for a 5 yr old though.

Sure we’ll chat soon!

soliddata
    • Total posts: 392
    Up

Now that looks like something we could use in the bushfire fighting field – but I suppose you have already explored that?

Kevin

flickdurham
    Up

That is definitely something we would like to get into Kevin. We are currently developing a remote controlled “wing” out of carbon fiber which will be strong enough to carry a thermal imaging camera.
    Once that is ready, we will be seeing the fire department for sure.

We are also looking to help life-savers. It is a lot cheaper than getting a helicopter out to check for sharks and missing people. And our technology is ready for that application, but we would firstly like to water-proof the Aerobot.

Thanks for your interest Kevin.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.