Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Introducing Bridal Accessories

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    bridesgarter
    • Total posts: 10
    Up
    ::

Hi All,
    My name is Kylie and I am the owner/operator of an online wedding store called The Brides Garter.

My business was born because at the time I was planning my wedding, the cake topper I wanted could not be ordered or even shipped into Australia, after weeks of searching, I found the manufacturer/wholesaler for the cake topper, and requested to source it locally, no one in Australia was selling that particular cake topper at the time and there was also a dealer account attached to the reply. – 2 years on, and nearly every wedding site I have seen now sells this cake topper.
    I started in May 2010 and had a very successful ebay store, however the fees were killing me big time. So I ventured out and set up domain and hosting.
    Personally, the wedding industry is VERY tough, having to deal with BRIDEZILLAS and even GROOMZILLAS does put a toll on ones emotions, but knowing that I have supplied the most beautiful products to help make someones day perfect is very rewarding, and keeps me going.
    Yes it has been tough emotionally, and has also put strain my relationship at times, but I just can’t give up.. I have so many hopes and dreams and my
    instincts are telling me to keep moving forward.

I felt drawn to FS and signed up almost straight away, and look forward to sharing my brainpower with a large majority of the current 46,994 members.

freewebhosts.com.au
    • Total posts: 11
    Up
    bridesgarter, post: 117911 wrote:
    Hi All,
    My name is Kylie and I am the owner/operator of an online wedding store called The Brides Garter.

My business was born because at the time I was planning my wedding, the cake topper I wanted could not be ordered or even shipped into Australia, after weeks of searching, I found the manufacturer/wholesaler for the cake topper, and requested to source it locally, no one in Australia was selling that particular cake topper at the time and there was also a dealer account attached to the reply. – 2 years on, and nearly every wedding site I have seen now sells this cake topper.
    I started in May 2010 and had a very successful ebay store, however the fees were killing me big time. So I ventured out and set up domain and hosting.
    Personally, the wedding industry is VERY tough, having to deal with BRIDEZILLAS and even GROOMZILLAS does put a toll on ones emotions, but knowing that I have supplied the most beautiful products to help make someones day perfect is very rewarding, and keeps me going.
    Yes it has been tough emotionally, and has also put strain my relationship at times, but I just can’t give up.. I have so many hopes and dreams and my
    instincts are telling me to keep moving forward.

I felt drawn to FS and signed up almost straight away, and look forward to sharing my brainpower with a large majority of the current 46,994 members.

Hi I am also new year your bandwidth has exceeded btw so you must be getting a good amount of visitors or you need a better web hosting provider

bridesgarter
    Up

Hi freewebhosts.com.au,

Yes, my bandwidth was reduced by my hosting provider, long story short was looking for a better ecommerce platform, but was attacked by googlebot. I was on a 10gig plan, but he dropped me down to 5 gig for May, I am looking around for a new hosting company but so far have not been impressed with what I have seen yet.

inxpress111
    • Total posts: 49
    Up

Hi and welcome – wow I think you have said it all – having to deal with brides must be so exhausting!

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

Welcome :)

I have NEVER heard of a groomzilla before, they sound awfully scary!

Best of luck in your adventure!

bridesgarter
    Up
    TheGoldenGoose, post: 118059 wrote:
    Welcome :)

I have NEVER heard of a groomzilla before, they sound awfully scary!

Best of luck in your adventure!

Nah not scary, but can be alot more demanding and picky than most of my women customers… lol.

Leonie_C
    • Total posts: 15
    Up

Hi Kylie
    Congratulations on your efforts! It can be very trying running your own business, but very rewarding as well. I’ve found the times I do the best are when I make a little time to stop working IN the business, and go work ON the business! That means visiting sites like this, reading books, talking to people and getting motivated.

There is a saying for this, it’s called ‘sharpening the saw’.

Good luck, looks like you’ve done a great job!

Leonie
    http://www.divinebranding.com.au
    http://www.graphicalconstructions.com.au

My Wedding Concierge
    • Total posts: 109
    Up

Hey Kylie,

I thought “hey that name is familiar” and noticed that you’ve just signed up on our site too! :)

Welcome to the forum, looking forward to checking out your business listing!

ExecAccess
    • Total posts: 229
    Up

Hi Kylie
    Welcome to FS. You will find it an amazing resource.
    Love the “groomzilla” term – I can certainly relate to that one!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.