Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Introducing Discount Shopping Australia & Myself

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    DS_Australia
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone,

its great to finally join here, been meaning to do it for the last couple of months but it simply keeps slipping my mind! (as i think most of you could understand) i am 18 years of age and currently in the process of putting my new website and business together which is Discount Shopping Australia.

I have a few years experience on the internet (Age playing a factor) and i would say i have a medium level of how a business should work, worked full-time at Supercheap Auto & Autobarn both for 1 year each. In that time i took into account how to interact with customers and how they should be treated, best ways to resolve conflicts with Returns & Warranty issues (This was the worst headache) i must say after two years i had enough of working for other people and for the past 4 months have been working to start-up my own.

I aim to provide the best prices available for Big named items on TV’s,Phones,Computers, Home ware, Automotive, Baby items & Basically everything you would find in the stores such as Target, Big W, Kmart, JB-HIFI, Harvey Norman etc. I’m still in the daily process of adding suppliers and getting reseller accounts, as to start-up iam simply using Reseller/Dropshipping accounts (i understand the risks which is why i simply only use Australian Drop shippers/Resellers that i have already ordered threw.

The website will still be a few weeks until it is 100% Up and running, As we are still opening Merchant Accounts to process credit cards etc, But so far myself and close friends and family say its coming along nicely. The link to our website is provided in my sig ( feel free to have a look and leave a review below).

Thanks for your time,

Beau Clarke

Discount Shopping Australia

inxpress111
    • Total posts: 49
    Up

Website looks great – take my hat off to you for doing what you are doing at such a young age.

Hope you are very successful in your venture.

inxpress111
    • Total posts: 49
    Up

Website looks great – take my hat off to you for doing what you are doing at such a young age.

Hope you are very successful in your venture.

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Hi Beau,

Welcome to the forums :)

I agree with Ann, the website looks great. Whilst I appreciate you are still working on it, it looks like it will be easy to navigate and search on products etc.

It may be something you have already looked and just not showing at the moment – but, a quick look tells me that your ABN on the website for “Discount Shopping Australia” doesn’t actually match up to the trading name that comes up for that ABN… If you haven’t already done so, make sure you register the business name – a new business name system is coming into place later this month so you may also wish to familiarise yourself with that if not already – you can read more here.

Wishing you all the best for your business – congratulations to you for taking this leap and setting yourself up like this :)

JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Hi Beau,

I agree with Ann, the website looks great. Whilst I appreciate you are still working on it, it looks like it will be easy to navigate and search on products etc.

It may be something you have already looked and just not showing at the moment – but, a quick look tells me that your ABN on the website for “Discount Shopping Australia” doesn’t actually match up to the trading name that comes up for that ABN… If you haven’t already done so, make sure you register the business name – a new business name system is coming into place later this month so you may also wish to familiarise yourself with that if not already – you can read more here.

Wishing you all the best for your business – congratulations to you for taking this leap and setting yourself up like this :)

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Beau,

Welcome aboard, and congratulations on your progress to date.

Please feel free to post here about any questions that come up for you during this start-up phase, there are usually people around who are more than happy to share their advice and experience.

Good luck for your launch,
    Jayne

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Beau,

Welcome aboard, and congratulations on your progress to date.

Please feel free to post here about any questions that come up for you during this start-up phase, there are usually people around who are more than happy to share their advice and experience.

Good luck for your launch,
    Jayne

DS_Australia
    Up
    JacquiPryor, post: 115070 wrote:
    Hi Beau,

Thanks for that information, i have applied for an ABN for Discount Shopping Australia like you have suggested. Glad everyone is liking the site, i plan to make it as easy to use as possible there is nothing worse then not being able to find a product easily.

Once again thanks everyone for the feedback feel free to keep suggesting!.

Beau Clarke

DS_Australia
    Up
    JacquiPryor, post: 115070 wrote:
    Hi Beau,

Thanks for that information, i have applied for an ABN for Discount Shopping Australia like you have suggested. Glad everyone is liking the site, i plan to make it as easy to use as possible there is nothing worse then not being able to find a product easily.

Once again thanks everyone for the feedback feel free to keep suggesting!.

Beau Clarke

DS_Australia
    Up

Thank you everyone for your feedback so far.

It is greatly appreciated.

Beau,

DS_Australia
    Up

Thank you everyone for your feedback so far.

It is greatly appreciated.

Beau,

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

Beau
    In can out you in touch with a pet food and accessories supplier who I think will dropship.
    PM me your Details and i will sus them out more.

Other suggestions:
    1. Being a discount site, you may need to display an RRP. Helpful as you will be just another price comparison touchpoint for savvy shoppers and this may help retain them

2. Maybe not have the categories with no products, or if your want to keep them, put a form that peeps can fill in “notify me when products are added to this category”

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

Beau
    In can out you in touch with a pet food and accessories supplier who I think will dropship.

Other suggestions:
    1. Being a discount site, you may need to display an RRP. Helpful as you will be just another price comparison touchpoint for savvy shoppers and this may help retain them

2. Maybe not have the categories with no products, or if your want to keep them, put a form that peeps can fill in “notify me when products are added to this category”

DS_Australia
    Up
    King, post: 115202 wrote:
    Beau

Other suggestions:

Will PM You shortly thanks alot!,

And as for the RRP i have been thinking the last couple of days to do that, will put it on the top of my to do list :).

As for the categories im trying to add at least 4 products into each one so that way there is at least a variety of things to look at….

Once Again thanks for the feedback keep it coming :).

Beau Clarke

DS_Australia
    Up
    King, post: 115202 wrote:
    Beau

Other suggestions:

Will PM You shortly thanks alot!,

And as for the RRP i have been thinking the last couple of days to do that, will put it on the top of my to do list :).

As for the categories im trying to add at least 4 products into each one so that way there is at least a variety of things to look at….

Once Again thanks for the feedback keep it coming :).

Beau Clarke

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.