Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Introducing myself

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    DCS
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    ::

Hello,

I’d like to introduce myself, my name is Kristie and I have just started a business in the hope I can work around my family.

I found this friendly forum after searching the net for advice and tips on running a small business :)

Im new at all of this and am leaning as I go. Its a steep learning curve, yet one that I am enjoying.

Looking forward to getting to know every one.

cherimo
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Hello Kristie,

You’re welcome,we hope that we will respond to your concern.
    Cordially,

Sherif

Ange79
    • Total posts: 173
    Up

Hi Kristie!

Welcome to FS! I understand exactly what you mean when you refer to the desire to work around your family. That’s one of the things being your own boss can afford you, if of course you juggle things fairly well!

Tell us more about your business. What do you do? Do you have a website?

Look forward to hearing more and of course, seeing you around here!

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Kristie, and welcome :)

As Ange suggested, we’d love it if you can tell us more about your business. I gather from your signature that you’re offering daycare of some form, and I suspect there will be a few people around here who’d like to know more!

All the best with it,
    Jayne

DCS
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Hi to All,

Thanks for the warm welcome :)

I know the whole juggling work around the family, its hectic, but I’m finding it really rewarding.

So my business is an online directory for parents looking for child care or babysitting. The concept is that a parent becomes a member of my website and registers their details after paying a membership fee. From there they can access other parents contact details who have registered with the site and strike up a mutually beneficial, cost neutral babysitting arrangement. The idea is that there is no payment for the child care as such as both families or sets of parents benefit – one set of parents receive babysitting of their child and in return they provide the same.

Its a bit wordy to explain, but you get the idea. The directory is searchable by area or postcode km radius, to make it more user friendly. The website is http://www.daycareshare.com.au

Its very new, so I don’t have any members yet :)

Thanks for your support, I’m really enjoying being a member of FS.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.