Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Introducing myself

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    newby
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone,

My name is Sean and I would love to get into the Bookkeeping business. Having no previous formal qualifications, I am hoping to do a tafe course and a little on the job training. I’ve discovered this forum and think it’s fantastic. Can anyone tell me what 2- in MYOB means. I posted a thread last week, received a really detailed informed response, but didn’t know what that term meant. Thanks for being so helpful.

akagrp
    • Total posts: 315
    Up

hello Sean MYOB is an accounting package which is very popular with Australian small to medium business you can find out more at www. Myob.com.au

I would recommend doing a diploma in accounting at TAFE if you are serious about having career in bookkeeping As bookkeeping is more them just data entry A bookkeeper is a very intergral and important part of a business financial team.

Good luck with it

@HeatherSmithAU
    • Total posts: 525
    Up

Sean,

MYOB – Mind Your Own Business

With respect to your bookkeeping career, Can I highlight the first paragraph from the aticle Ten questions to ask your bookkeeper ;

1. What qualifications and professional memberships do you hold, and are you a registered BAS agent?
    The Tax Agent Services Bill 2008 scheduled to take effect from 1st March 2010 means that anyone providing BAS services for a fee will need to be a registered BAS agent. If your bookkeeper is processing BAS work, then this is something they should be transitioning towards.

At a minimum, your bookkeeper should have qualifications such as Certificate IV Financial Services. Look for someone who is a member of one of the various professional bookkeeping associations in Australia such as The Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) or the Association of Accounting Technicians (AAT).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.