Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Introducing myself (again) and my new business.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    ::

Hi fellow soloists,

I have been a member here since 2009, and have met some awesome people. I have learnt lots, and have (hopefully) educated some people.

My businesses is web design – I have a botique design firm called Smashing, and I am now proud to announce the launch my second brand!

It’s called Sites and More and it’s aimed at soloists and small business owners who want an effective, professional looking web presence without the costs of a firm like Smashing.

I look forward to connecting with new people, reconnecting with some old ones, and generally enjoying the experience that is Flying Solo!

PinkInk
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

I like your site: it’s easy to understand your offering, the pricing and features are clear and I like the three panes of demo themes showcasing your designs.

I also like the raspberry pink banner at the top. My graphic designer and I aren’t bonding at the moment over a new logo for my business and she says pink is so 2007. I called her the Anna Wintour of graphic design ;).

PinkInk
    • Total posts: 10
    Up

I like your site: it’s easy to understand your offering, the pricing and features are clear and I like the three panes of demo themes showcasing your designs.

I also like the raspberry pink banner at the top. My graphic designer and I aren’t bonding at the moment over a new logo for my business and she says pink is so 2007. I called her the Anna Wintour of graphic design ;).

MatthewKeath
    Up
    PinkInk, post: 112154 wrote:
    I called her the Anna Wintour of graphic design ;).Hahaha.

Thanks for the feedback :)

MatthewKeath
    Up
    PinkInk, post: 112154 wrote:
    I called her the Anna Wintour of graphic design ;).Hahaha.

Thanks for the feedback :)

BlackCoffeeComms
    • Total posts: 472
    Up

Great idea Matthew! I’m working with a guy who’s about to launch something similar over here for local small businesses, but the packages are a set price with a limited number of page (3, 5,10) and include content writing and six months’ internet marketing.

So…if you ever want to include content :)

Cheers

Nicole

BlackCoffeeComms
    Up

Great idea Matthew! I’m working with a guy who’s about to launch something similar over here for local small businesses, but the packages are a set price with a limited number of page (3, 5,10) and include content writing and six months’ internet marketing.

Cheers

Nicole

sprinkron
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hi..
    I am a newbie, just joined in the forums . Please produce some attachment links for the detailed view of the topic.

graphic designers brisbane
    brisbane website deigners

sprinkron
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hi..
    I am a newbie, just joined in the forums . Please produce some attachment links for the detailed view of the topic.

graphic designers brisbane
    brisbane website deigners

MatthewKeath
    Up
    BlackCoffeeComms, post: 112162 wrote:

Cheers

NicoleHmm, now you have got me thinking…! Might be a good idea to offer add on services.

MatthewKeath
    Up
    BlackCoffeeComms, post: 112162 wrote:

Cheers

NicoleHmm, now you have got me thinking…! Might be a good idea to offer add on services.

BlackCoffeeComms
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 112171 wrote:
    Hmm, now you have got me thinking…! Might be a good idea to offer add on services.

The business is not not quite launched so I can’t send a link, but this guy is a firm believer in the fact that there is no point just building a site and leaving it there, which is why he tries to get people on to the internet marketing side as well.

So the model is something like $XXX gets you a three-page site with all contact written and then you must sign up for six months marketing at various price points depending on what you need (directory listing, article marketing, e-newsletter, blog, social media etc)

Given more than 50 per cent of Aus small businesses are not online – and many itce price or lack of understanding of how the internet can work for their business – I think you and he are on to something.

Good luck!

BlackCoffeeComms
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 112171 wrote:
    Hmm, now you have got me thinking…! Might be a good idea to offer add on services.

The business is not not quite launched so I can’t send a link, but this guy is a firm believer in the fact that there is no point just building a site and leaving it there, which is why he tries to get people on to the internet marketing side as well.

So the model is something like $XXX gets you a three-page site with all contact written and then you must sign up for six months marketing at various price points depending on what you need (directory listing, article marketing, e-newsletter, blog, social media etc)

Given more than 50 per cent of Aus small businesses are not online – and many itce price or lack of understanding of how the internet can work for their business – I think you and he are on to something.

Good luck!

MatthewKeath
    Up
    BlackCoffeeComms, post: 112175 wrote:
    The business is not not quite launched so I can’t send a link, but this guy is a firm believer in the fact that there is no point just building a site and leaving it there, which is why he tries to get people on to the internet marketing side as well.Agree 100%. I refer my Smashing clients onto people who handle that sort of thing.

Some people think they just have to build a site and people will come – it’s not that easy – even if the site is the best designed in the world. The problem is that the same people baulk at spending any cash on marketing…

MatthewKeath
    Up
    BlackCoffeeComms, post: 112175 wrote:
    The business is not not quite launched so I can’t send a link, but this guy is a firm believer in the fact that there is no point just building a site and leaving it there, which is why he tries to get people on to the internet marketing side as well.Agree 100%. I refer my Smashing clients onto people who handle that sort of thing.

Some people think they just have to build a site and people will come – it’s not that easy – even if the site is the best designed in the world. The problem is that the same people baulk at spending any cash on marketing…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.