Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Introducing Phase

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    chexton
    • Total posts: 46
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

My partner and I are nearing the launch of Phase. It’s an iPhone app you can download and it’ll show you the latest deals in your local area (within a certain radius, which you can alter). The deals could be anything: shoes, food, drinks, haircuts, TVs. Generally deals last for mere hours, so it’s designed to be used all day, every day! To make it even easier to see deals you actually like, you can follow your favourite businesses and you’ll never miss a deal of theirs again.

For businesses the platform provides a way to reach people directly in your area. It takes around one minute to setup a microsale that is automatically pushed out to anyone using the Phase iPhone app. This is very powerful as it’s aim is to help you reduce wasted stock or wasted time. If you can’t fill those service hours (haircuts, beauty treatment) or sell the last items of a particular batch (TVs, food) then create a microsale. To list with Phase we charge per click by distance. I.e. if someone clicks on your deal in the app and is within a 5km radius we’ll charge more than if they’re 5-10km away. Phase is about getting customers into your PHYSICAL store, not just taking a 50% cut to sell through us. As such our system ensures you only pay when we can guarantee that a person NEARBY your store has viewed your deal. Best of all you can cap your spend or target certain radiuses – imagine knowing people would only see your app when they’re near your store and only paying when they actually express some interest in it.

Take a look at http://www.phaseapp.com. We haven’t launched just yet but put down your email for more information and the ability to start spreading the word. The more you refer other businesses, the more free microsales you can claim in the future.

My personal page is at http://www.chrishexton.com for more about me!

Bluehat
    • Total posts: 14
    Up

Hi Chexton
    the app idea is great. well done.
    we are in the process of developing a few apps – some for clients, some for ourselves – it’s not a simple task to get it right.
    I hope yours succeeds. I will keep an eye out for it and spread the word for you.
    Darryn

chexton
    Up

Thanks for the welcome Bluehat.

Hopefully there will be a few people here on FlyingSolo interested in using Phase to help their business, if anyone is interested in getting on board early (we haven’t launched yet), that would be fantastic!

Neddy
    • Total posts: 392
    Up

That’s a great idea Chexton. You technology bods are just marvels! I really hope it goes well for you.

The only question I have is how do you “guarantee” to a provider that “x amount of people” have seen a product or offering? In other words, how do you substantiate what you’re going to charge the provider?

I don’t ask this to be negative – it’s just the first thing that occurred to me. :)

Many years ago, when I was a retailer and advertising online, I got stung by “click fraud” – as did many others. 😡 I know systems have improved since those days, but yours is a very new technology.

Cheers, Ned

chexton
    Up

A very fair question Neddy, and one that will no doubt come up often. Click fraud on the internet comes heavily from the fact that people can use ‘robots’ (programs) to continually click links: it’s easy to program such robots and as such this activity can indeed have real consequences for advertisers.

In the case of Phase users have the app on their iPhone and, because we can identify an iPhone uniquely, when a user ‘clicks’ to view the deal we record their details. If the same user clicks it again we don’t double charge as we have already recorded they have seen the ad – it would indeed be unfair to double charge!

Because of the location technology as well the only way to commit click fraud in our system would be to get a large group of people together and have everyone click the product and on top of that they’d have to do this within a certain radius of the physical store. The work required to commit such a fraud wouldn’t be worth it. Basically, the ease of committing the attack is very low, so similar problems relating to internet click fraud are less likely.

I hope that all makes sense. I am aware that as a new company (as opposed to say Google AdWords) we’ll face challenges in customers accepting that we are handling this correctly, but we’re an open book and are here to ensure everyone understands!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.