Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Introducing Very Small Business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Dave Bockett
    • Total posts: 97
    Up
    ::

While I’m not exactly a new member I am launching my first true Flying Solo business so hopefully I can sneak this message past Jayne and the other admins when they are not looking!

When I first joined the forums over a year ago I had all sorts of ideas about starting an online business and over this time have received brilliant advise from the forum members and I can truthfully say I would not be launching very small business today if this forum hadn’t existed.

I still work 4 days a week in the day job and I will still try to sell you a pizza oven if you are interested but I am hoping very small business will give me more of the freedom I am looking for.

The idea of the website is to help people create an online business using the skill and knowledge they already have. I hate to use the word passive income because it has been over-used by the “make money while you sleep!” people. It’s more along the lines of helping people who currently make all their income by charging by the hour for their skills to look at other alternatives.

To launch the site I will be running a series of interviews with various Flying Solo forum members. First up is Chris Bates from http://www.frontbox.com.au so please feel free to drop by the website and have a look!

Dave.
    http://www.verysmallbusiness.com.au

jasonm
    • Total posts: 180
    Up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xuTJfcLHqh8

Sorry Dave, I couldn’t resist.

Dave Bockett
    Up

Hi Jason,
    Don’t worry I was expecting you to drop that in sooner or later!

Dave.

Trish FCA
    • Total posts: 235
    Up

Hi Dave and thanks,

Another page to bookmark and add to the list of informative sites I am using to start my new venture too. I have to keep partitioning my brain every night from all this great stuff you are all providing.

Cheers,

FionaFell
    • Total posts: 342
    Up

Welcome back.

I will have to drop by the new site and see how you are helping your fellow soloists ‘kill their dayjob’, ‘make money in their sleep’ etc.

Kidding!

I hope it all works well for you, looking forward to seeing it step and and stand apart from the ‘autopilot – you do nothing’ passive income speil that so much of the web is filled with.

Good luck.

ray_223
    • Total posts: 594
    Up

Good luck Dave,

It’s always very exciting and a little nerve racking when releasing your new baby into the world.

One question – how will the information provided be different from the articles here on FS?

Dave Bockett
    Up
    ray_223, post: 33054 wrote:
    Good luck Dave,

It’s always very exciting and a little nerve racking when releasing your new baby into the world.

One question – how will the information provided be different from the articles here on FS?

Thanks Ray. I do remember some of the great advice you gave me a while back along the lines of there are no certainties on life and its better to get your idea out there to see if there is a market for it than spending too much time over planning and never actually getting done.

I guess there could be some overlap but my articles will be more blog-like (if there is such a thing!) in nature. It will also have much more of an internet-business slant to it as well.

Can’t wait to hear about your new business in due course!

Dave.

ray_223
    Up
    Dave Bockett, post: 33062 wrote:
    ll.

Can’t wait to hear about your new business in due course!

Dave.

Hi Dave,

It’s not new – have been at it for almost 3 years now – but I’ll be going full time April 12 :)

ray_223
    Up
    Dave Bockett, post: 33062 wrote:
    I guess there could be some overlap but my articles will be more blog-like (if there is such a thing!) in nature. It will also have much more of an internet-business slant to it as well.
    Dave.

Just signed up for the newsletter.

Sounds great

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

WOW – what a great interview! ;) haha

Good luck Dave, you’ve got the drive to succeed

Ali Dark
    Participant
    • Total posts: 101
    Up
    ray_223, post: 33054 wrote:

the first difference – and it’s not a small one – would be that they will be written at least mostly by dave, and not censored by what anyone else thinks is relevant.

That’s not to knock FS at all – it’s an amazing site and I love it all – but people have their own way of seeing things and communicating, and this alone can make it very valuable for other people who resonate on that wavelength!

Melinda B
    • Total posts: 349
    Up

WOOHOO! Go Dave! So glad to see you’ve started!

I can’t get into the website, it’s telling me the server is taking too long to load – is this just me or anyone else having this problem? Will try again tomorrow.

mtpocket
    • Total posts: 49
    Up
    Melinda_B, post: 33104 wrote:
    WOOHOO! Go Dave! So glad to see you’ve started!

I can’t get into the website, it’s telling me the server is taking too long to load – is this just me or anyone else having this problem? Will try again tomorrow.

Same here.

wordmistress
    • Total posts: 504
    Up

Hi Dave

Well you were determined to make it happen and you have. Congratulations! :)

Chris’s interview sheds even more light on the man than we already know, or at least what I know. Wonder who else you have lined up ;).

I’m SO with you on the ‘passive income’ thing. If it were really that easy, then we’d all be lounging around in our jammies all day long. But there are some really generous people (not!) who will charge you $3,000 to supposedly learn how to do it lol.

All the best with verysmallbusiness! I look forward to seeing more, though I too can’t bring the site up at the moment.

seocourse
    • Total posts: 918
    Up

http://www.verysmallbusiness.com.au … not loading for me ?…

wordmistress, post: 33108 wrote:
    Hi Dave

Well you were determined to make it happen and you have. Congratulations! :)

Chris’s interview sheds even more light on the man than we already know, or at least what I know. Wonder who else you have lined up ;).

I’m SO with you on the ‘passive income’ thing. If it were really that easy, then we’d all be lounging around in our jammies all day long. But there are some really generous people (not!) who will charge you $3,000 to supposedly learn how to do it lol.

All the best with verysmallbusiness! I look forward to seeing more, though I too can’t bring the site up at the moment.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.