Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Introduction to us and PetStayAdvisor

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    PetStayAdvisor
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi All

We are a new review website for pet boarding, pet sitting and doggy day care services. “We are Australia’s only review site for pet boarding” and you can find us at http://www.petstayadvisor.com.au. We would love to hear your thoughts about improvements to our site.

We hope to build up a community of pet loving customers and businesses, who see the value of our services. Currently, we are investing in marketing who we are and what we do, so that we can encourage pet owners who have used a boarding facility in the past, to leave a review about their pet’s and their own experiences of the service.

Our next challenge is to provide an online booking system. However, due to it’s bespoke nature, I wondered if anyone may be able to recommend a software developer in the Sydney region? Also, interested to know if anyone knew roughly how much a bespoke booking portal system would cost?

Many thanks in advance!
    kind regards
    Sharon

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Hi and welcome – hope you enjoy these forums.

There is bound to be a developer here that can help you. I am happy to recommend http://www.spatialintelligence.com.au who are based in Crows Nest, they should be able to help.

SocialStep
    • Total posts: 39
    Up

Sounds like a unique idea! Good luck with everything, new to the forums too but there’s lots of good advice here.

Hope everything goes well.

-Kevin

Wordsmith
    • Total posts: 194
    Up

I just wanted to say that I “wuv” this idea.
    And I’ll be all over that website once I get my furbaby.
    I can see a great (super cute and possibly quirky) social media campaign sitting behind this. One that supports and promotes your “members” (adding extra value for them) while promoting your business and boosting your SEO (attracting more “members” to your business).

Wishing you much success in business and beyond!

my photo angel
    Up

Hi Sharon

What an awesome idea. As the “mum” of two beautiful labradors, we have never ever been willing enough to put them in kennels. It’s always so hard to really find out who is reputable and who is not. Instead we plan trips around when our family members can look after them, or of course, we take them with us whenever we can.

This site would make all the difference in the world.

All the very best with it.

Kerri

PetStayAdvisor
    Up

Hi Kerri

Many thanks for the feedback, it’s great to hear positive reactions to the site. We did in fact start the site, for the same reasons. We own two GSD’s and when we moved to Sydney, found it really difficult to find somewhere. After two not very positive experiences, we finally found a great place through word of mouth. So we decided to be the “word of mouth” on the web.

I just wondered if you would mind if I quoted your statement on one of my social media posts anonymously? As a sort of testimonial?

“As the “mum” of two beautiful labradors, we have never ever been willing enough to put them in kennels. It’s always so hard to really find out who is reputable and who is not. Instead we plan trips around when our family members can look after them, or of course, we take them with us whenever we can.

This site would make all the difference in the world.”

Thanks again for your feedback, it is much appreciated!
    kind regards
    Sharon

my photo angel, post: 208640 wrote:
    Hi Sharon

What an awesome idea. As the “mum” of two beautiful labradors, we have never ever been willing enough to put them in kennels. It’s always so hard to really find out who is reputable and who is not. Instead we plan trips around when our family members can look after them, or of course, we take them with us whenever we can.

This site would make all the difference in the world.

All the very best with it.

Kerri

Lending Mate
    • Total posts: 17
    Up

Hello Sharon

Love your website. With a few tweaks it will look great. Best of luck

Cheers Pete

IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up

It’s these interesting ideas from real entrepreneurs that keep me coming back to this site. I honestly think though that you should reconsider all of the content beneath the top banner. Is it necessary – do people want to read random reviews? Consider the end user first and what they would want and you can’t go wrong. Best of luck.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.