Home – New Forums Tech talk iPhone 4G

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    ::

Yes. I’m waiting very impatiently for it to be released.

It will be the first time since I had my first mobile phone way back when that I will *gulp* go on a plan ! I’ve been pre-paid ever since my first phone… usually own all my phones out-right but this one… I’m willing to be on a plan for most certainly!

Why? Easy. My new website is WordPress based for a reason: so I can use my iPhone to make private blog posts that nearly give “live” information to my clients (pictures and a few words as such)… as I’m aiming at tech savvy pet owners. Also pet owners who want a quality service like this.. and it will make me keeping on top of my facebook and twitter a breeze (post something whilst at a red light for instance as there are SOME red lights that take FOREVER to change to green)

Anyone else here will be upgrading?

danbeebee
    • Total posts: 31
    Up

I’ve been an iPhoner from day one and love it.

I’ll definitely be jumping on the 4th Gen.

Here’s a video of what they believe to be it.

An Apple developer working for Apple was testing the device and ended up leaving it in a bar in California after a few too many beers. The bar sold it to gadget company Gizmodo for $5,000US and now it’s all over the internet.

Apple have sent an official letter to the Gizmodo requesting the return of the device but nothing’s been done yet. Clever marketing or drunk employee? You decide.

Watotech
    • Total posts: 22
    Up

I saw that on macrumors.com it looks very exciting and according to macrumors it is slated for release in june / july sometime so not to much longer to wait. Although I did just get a hd2 as I like windows mobile more then apple for my business

Carbonite Australia
    • Total posts: 118
    Up

I am actually looking at it as well so I can do more social media. I am on a plan with my phones all purchased outright. I have been looking around for phones that allow you to do social media easily and the iPhone looks like it is the best for this.

prepaidplans
    • Total posts: 38
    Up

Has anyone had any experience with Google Nexus? Deciding between and iPhone and the Google Nexus.

Anonymous
    Up

Now that the iPhone 4G has been officially released as such. I’m still waiting impatiently for it to come out here in AU. Went into my local Apple store the other day.. no one there has a clue as to exact date for its release to AU.

Rumours all point to August release or at minimum late July.

I want want NOW DAMNIT!!!!!! (lol)

As for Google Nexus. I did my own personal research into iPhone vs Google … and nah. iPhone does what I need for it to do. Google isn’t suited to me.

Then again according to some people it’s evil vs evil ( lol )

Just as long as I don’t have to go on a plan with Telstra (please noooooo!!!!) I will probably be getting one asap when they’re released.

Melinda B
    • Total posts: 349
    Up
    vstacy, post: 35585 wrote:
    (post something whilst at a red light for instance as there are SOME red lights that take FOREVER to change to green)
    That would be against the law, you may be stopped at a red light however you’re still considered to be driving…….

I won’t be getting an iphone of any type until late next year when my current (smartphone) contract runs out. It’ll be interesting to see what version we’re up to by then! I’m really looking forward to being able to upgrade then.

Anonymous
    Up
    Melinda B, post: 42417 wrote:
    I won’t be getting an iphone of any type until late next year when my current (smartphone) contract runs out. It’ll be interesting to see what version we’re up to by then! I’m really looking forward to being able to upgrade then.

If you can wait til mid-year ish (August) you may be better off as I don’t know if you’ve noticed how often Apple updates everything ? You might be eligible for a ‘better’ iPhone like one with more memory/storage or RAM or something.

I’ll be happy with just having this first 4G phone as it still does what I require.

Melinda B
    • Total posts: 349
    Up

Looks like there’s a glitch in the new iPhone – with a sticky tape fix! http://news.yahoo.com/s/pcworld/20100628/tc_pcworld/fixiphone4signalglitchwithscotchtape

Techalite
    • Total posts: 80
    Up

I will most definitely be upgrading…assuming that darn reception issue is fixed. In fact, I will probably be one of those people who stand in line overnight to be among the first to obtain one />.>” title=”>.>” class=”bbcode_smiley” /></p>

</div><!-- .bbp-reply-content -->
</div><!-- .reply -->

<div id=

Raky
    • Total posts: 56
    Up

I received an email from Optus that said that they are preparing for the launch at 11:59PM Thursday this week! I love my apple products but I think I’ll be waiting to see what people have to say about the antenna issue before I head into to buy one!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.