Home – New Forums Logistics Iran customer – eCommerce: ‘Is it worth the effort?’

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    PistolandBoo
    • Total posts: 47
    Up
    ::

Howdy…I have just received an order from Iran for under $100. My shipping company does not ship there. My website stipulates that I don’t send packages to Iran and several other countries. Does anyone know an international courier/ forwarder that will ship there?

…and do you think it’s worth my while to go out of my way to (e.g. long term with referrals etc). I’ve done a bit of research and it indicates that it’s a growing market with a high disposable income.

Thanks in advance.

Rowan@quaotic
    Participant
    • Total posts: 712
    Up

I am not an expert so I may be misled but although most trade sanctions have been lifted there are still some problems with trading with Iran, the most problematic is that they cannot import items which they make domestically, and there is a huge amount of corruption which can cause difficulties with getting items through customs and postage.
    At this point I personally don’t think it is worth exporting there uless you have someone in influence inside the country to help.

JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up
    PistolandBoo, post: 230737, member: 76573 wrote:
    …and do you think it’s worth my while to go out of my way to (e.g. long term with referrals etc). I’ve done a bit of research and it indicates that it’s a growing market with a high disposable income.

I have one client who services UAE, Saudi, Qatar etc. but not Iran.
    We made sure payments go through eWay, because of their Beagle Fraud alerts system, and shipments above a certain threshold require some form of address confirmation via Driver’s licence or similar.

To be honest I don’t know what shipping company they use, but once we set up the above they’ve had fewer issues. Or at least, I’ve not heard of any more problems.

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

You probably included that in your terms because it would be too much trouble, and now you’re seeing that you were right. No reason to change everything for a $100 order I don’t think.

If you get 5 more orders then reconsider. :)

Dave

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.