Home – New Forums Selling online Is 3GB enough for a online shop?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sunny1
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

I have been researching which ecommerce web builder to go with for sometime now. Still not sure I have found the answer but decided to to with Bigcommerce. Their basic plan has 3GB. Is that enough to start an online store with say 200 to 300 products? I want the site to look professional but my main objectives are pricing, and SEO capabilities.
    Woud love input.

Ryinth
    • Total posts: 75
    Up

That gives you roughly 10mb per item in your store – unless you’re selling downloadable products; or have a dozen oversized images for each; it should be fine.

Craig.Smith
    • Total posts: 167
    Up
    Ryinth, post: 211948 wrote:
    That gives you roughly 10mb per item in your store – unless you’re selling downloadable products; or have a dozen oversized images for each; it should be fine.

Don’t forget the 3GB is the total amount for running the website including:
    – Mail (if used)
    – Database files
    – Website files

Would be difficult to work out without knowing what static files you have and features your using from the host. Otherwise you start with the basic size, knowing you might need to upgrade in the future when you run out of space.

Sunny1
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Thankyou Ryinth and Charlie for your input.
    Appreciate it…

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

For standard image and text product listings you won’t exceed space in a hurry. One important measurement is how the site and usability performs in times of higher visitor and order activity, along with the SEO considerations you mentioned. If it’s a little sluggish to be begin with, chances are it will only get worse when your store grows.

Brookfield Beehives
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

3GB will give you some room to move initially however you should make sure that you can increase that space quite quickly if your store really takes off.

SmallBusinessMagazine
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

As explained by other members, consider everything you are planning to do such as
    1. Product details and images.
    2. Blog
    3. Forum
    4. Emails
    5. Product reviews

Start with 3GB as long as you can upgrade later. Good luck!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.