Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Is Facebook generating actual dollars for you?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
  • Author
    AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

I have been working on my Facebook page for a short while now, and whilst I certainly don’t expect any overnight success, I just wondered if anyone else (especially in B2B) has actually had sales through their Facebook page?

Do you yourself think ‘let me see who offers what I need on my facebook likes’ before going to your local/usual provider for a service? Or are you using it as market intelligence or for some other reason.

I can understand in a B2C market, it has the ability to get in front of other peoples ‘friends’ and grow your presence that way, I just wonder if B2B pages have had the same experience or success.

As always, look forward to your opinions :)

bridiej
    • Total posts: 1,097
    Up

Nope.

Had far more success with twitter.

BUT I think it’s important to have a Facebook page, doesn’t hurt and is a great place to interact with your “fans”. :)

BTW you don’t have your Facebook page linked in your profile…

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

Thanks Bridie, have now updated :)

seocourse
    • Total posts: 918
    Up

I believe that “friends” don’t buy.

Obviously you will be able to see a lot of reports about how social media it’s great… but usually you can’t really find any proper marketing report with a clear ROI regards the investment done in social media. (specially in the small business area)

All the amazing success stories are from corporations like Dell, Apple, HP, announcing amazing results with social media, but they never put the time invested, the resources and the money that took to “produce those results”.

Hey… I don’t even have a twitter account, I guess I prefer people to find me when they need me rather than being my friends, fans or follow me.
    (someone following me sounds indeed a bit creepy ;)

Five Star PA
    • Total posts: 64
    Up

I too wonder how much it helps. I have a few clients that have Facebook business pages and it seems every networking meeting I go to there is someone there saying how much we all need them.

I’m yet to see one of my clients really benefit from them. My personal view is that in Australia Facebook really is used for social interaction. When ever I’ve ‘liked’ a business page, they seem to post so many things up there I can never see what my friends are doing so I finish up blocking the page.

However I can see great benefits in Twitter. I’ve started using it, more as reasearch for my clients to be honest, however I have seen some great results with it myself and I’m only small and hardly follow anyone. I’ve also heard success stories from many of my associates. So to me twitter would definitely be worth it.

STREAMDATA
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

I think Facebook should be considered as the modern day newsletter subscription service.

nominal
    • Total posts: 504
    Up

Facebook? not really… might be better suited to B2C

Twitter? better… you can find some very interesting contacts but overhaul it is a conversation of deaf. I mean there is just too much content and so much of it is junk that it is very hard to see something of value.

I’ve used twitter for a while but I have to say I am not a convert, I mean everybody is talking and no one listens. Even if you had the most interesting piece of 140 characters the world has ever seen chances are no one is going to read it :-)

I would love to hear some true stories about how to use this to a small business benefit.

Alan Maddick
    • Total posts: 410
    Up

Not one cent from FB for us. Works for SEO and also may have a place in building client loyalty. I have client in B2C where they are generating real $

JaneB
    • Total posts: 324
    Up
    nominal, post: 72751 wrote:
    everybody is talking and no one listens. .

You nailed it!

As I plan for a new business website I wonder about the real value of FB and twitter. Last year I suspended my account on FB after I mixed business and family (which don’t mix of course) and wondered how long it would be before I and the business would miss it. I didn’t – and haven’t renewed my account. My business didn’t suffer in the slightest and I had more time for real things rather than endless FB updating.

As for twitter – it was just too…twittery. It gets bogged down in useless information and the gems seem to get missed. So that’s out too.

It would be good to see someone’s real ROI figures.

premiumwriting
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

I think the usefulness of Facebook has been wildly exaggerated. For many businesses, anyway.

As a B2B company with a small number of clients, I don’t see the point. I really don’t see what I can do through Facebook that I can’t do through email, and it seems like my time and money are far better spent on activities like SEO.

In short, I think all the hype about Facebook these days is exactly that – hype. I’m not saying it doesn’t work for some businesses because I know of a few who make money directly from having a FB page, but the point is it seems like it would be a relatively low-yield activity for most businesses.

bridiej
    Up
    JaneB, post: 72770 wrote:
    As for twitter – it was just too…twittery. It gets bogged down in useless information and the gems seem to get missed. So that’s out too.

I agree with your comments about Facebook – I keep my page going but so far have not had a single client because of it.

I have to disagree with your comment about twitter though – I’ve gained several clients via twitter (both here in Aus and in the UK). I simply would never have had exposure to these clients if I wasn’t on twitter.

The key to twitter is being social – chatting with people, interacting with them.

My rule is 10% sales, 90% interaction

JaneB
    • Total posts: 324
    Up
    bridiej, post: 72801 wrote:
    My rule is 10% sales, 90% interaction

Wow. I just don’t have the time of day to be so interactive. Do you just keep responding to every tweet that comes in? How do you manage it?

bridiej
    Up

I use Hootsuite which I have set up to show whenever someone mentions my name, so it’s easier to see who to respond to.

I pop on several times a day – sometimes I need to give my ears a rest! – and usually first thing in the morning and last thing at night.

It doesn’t need much time investment, just talk to people rather than blasting out sales messages all the time :)

Alex Honey: Int Design
    • Total posts: 151
    Up

Hi All
    Im really interested in the fb vs no fb when it comes to business.

I too hear people raving about how having a fb or twitter page for a small business is as essential as air.

So far Ive held off on the plunge into social media. Mainly because when I do it I want to do it really well…typical really!

So Im curious to know what you all think of my main dilemma…which is…

Being an residential interior designer …. Im concerned about fb or twitter pages falling into the decorator side of things…. sure I decorate too but are fans and followers going to have enough attention span to digest design that isnt just pretty cushions?

What do you think?

Alex

bridiej
    Up

Why not register with twitter and check out some of your competitors / similar businesses and see how they use it :)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 66 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.