Home – New Forums Other discussions Is it possible to install cameras in the nursing house?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    PJohnson1978
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

I have questions about old people caring. So my grandma is too old to live by herself. Our family decided to send her to a nursing house, though we don’t want to do it, but no one can full-time take care of granny.

The environment of the nursing house is nice and we pay for a single room for grandma for her comfort. But still, we want to make sure grandma is taken good care, so we would like to request for installing a camera in grandma’s room.

I know is a very weird request, I want to check first if any nursing houses you know would agree to do so, and is it legal? In short, has anyone done this before to put cameras inside the room of the nursing house?

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

shinebright
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3
    Up

Unfortunately, you have to find one that has that in place already. Too many questionable aspects of this monitoring.
    Your idea is not weird in the first place, but keep in mind that it’s not just your grandmother who will be caught on camera, but many other people as well: nurses, other residents, and personell.

Ben
    Participant
    • Total posts: 39
    Up

You need to talk directly to the director of the house, and then go from there. If he sees a good reason to do it, I think he might even help you with it. But if it’s your whim not to go there, then expect rejection. Find the right words and go for it.

Frank45
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

I think that cameras are needed. since the person is elderly and may, for example, fall. cameras will help to notice this and provide assistance in time

Ben
    Participant
    • Total posts: 39
    Up

I agree with you, but that’s why there are a lot of doctors in such facilities, to provide timely support. That’s why the director is likely to stall, well that’s if you put cameras all over the house, if only in the room, I think it’s allowed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.