Home – New Forums Tech talk Is Leasing a Realistic Option?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Lindz
    • Total posts: 254
    Up
    ::

I have a business model in mind which I think would require a fairly substantial website. (Not sure how else to describe it.)
    With limited knowledge and limited funds I thought one option may be to lease a purpose built website.
    Does that sound feasible? Is that something that people do successfully? Are there better options?
    I would really appreciate your thoughts and opinions.

All best,

Lindsay

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

Love the new signature.

I have seen leasing models offered, and have even done it myself for client sites (built as a peripheral to other business I did for them).

How easy it is to do, will depend on the scope of what you need and the technology required.

I’m sure you don’t want to reveal too much here, but if you’d like an obligation free opinion on the website scope, and some suitable platform options, feel free to get in touch [email protected]

I’ve got nothing to sell, and it may shortcut some issues created by “one trick ponies” selling their wares.

Pleased to see you’ve got a direction happening … been working on a couple of my own … but too soon to reveal any detail :)

Cheers Greg

Lindz
    Up

Hey Greg,

Thanks for your response and your very kind offer.:)
    Just need a couple of days to come up with something legible and then I can email you early next week.

Thanks again,

Lindsay

MichaelDigital
    • Total posts: 140
    Up

Hello, I am not hawking my wares, I have a lot of experience in business IT and web development-I can offer a second opinion if you want a spread of options
    up to you but the offer is there.
    Cheers
    Michael

Lindz
    Up

Thanks Michael,

That would be good. How best to contact you?

All best,

Lindsay

MichaelDigital
    • Total posts: 140
    Up

Howdy,
    you can get me on my Gmail accnt: [email protected]

Cheers

rmck
    • Total posts: 35
    Up
    Lindz, post: 185153 wrote:
    I have a business model in mind which I think would require a fairly substantial website. (Not sure how else to describe it.)
    With limited knowledge and limited funds I thought one option may be to lease a purpose built website.
    Does that sound feasible? Is that something that people do successfully? Are there better options?
    I would really appreciate your thoughts and opinions.

By substantial, do you mean it will have a lot of content or are you talking about a web application (ie complex functionality)?

I doubt many will offer to develop a purpose built site (especially if it requires a substantial amount of work) without immediate compensation.

If you’re limited by funds, try and find a hosted CMS with an off-the-shelf theme that closely fits your needs. There are so many to choose from now, it is becoming easier to find a match.

If not and you do need a purpose built site maybe some will consider a payment plan. I guess you could also consider a loan – assuming you’re confident about the business :)

Cheers,

Ryan

Lindz
    Up
    rmck, post: 186105 wrote:
    By substantial, do you mean it will have a lot of content or are you talking about a web application (ie complex functionality)?

I doubt many will offer to develop a purpose built site (especially if it requires a substantial amount of work) without immediate compensation.

If you’re limited by funds, try and find a hosted CMS with an off-the-shelf theme that closely fits your needs. There are so many to choose from now, it is becoming easier to find a match.

If not and you do need a purpose built site maybe some will consider a payment plan. I guess you could also consider a loan – assuming you’re confident about the business :)

Cheers,

Ryan

Hello Ryan,

Yep, I’m confident about the business alright. It’s just that I’m anticipating a very long slow steady trajectory towards total market domination. . . . especially at the beginning.:p

And yes, off the shelf etc may just do the job. I’m now hearing from others that it may not be the beast that I thought it was.

Thanks for your reply.

Lindsay

Outdoor Jim
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Plenty of web designers allow you to pay for the site in weekly or monthly installments

Two that I’m aware of here in Melbourne are “Nothing But Net” and “Squiddy Web Design”.

I’m sure there are plenty of others though.

I think these sort of arrangements make sense in a lot of situations, because not having to wait until you can pay for the entire website means you can have it up a lot sooner, which (in theory) brings forward the date when your business starts making you money.

Serge
    • Total posts: 23
    Up
    Lindz, post: 185153 wrote:
    With limited knowledge and limited funds I thought one option may be to lease a purpose built website. Does that sound feasible?

Absolutely! As long as you are happy with upfront payment for the lease for the next 10 years.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.