Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Is my site clear enough?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Beany
    • Total posts: 29
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

So launching a new product soon, just trying to polish off the public side of the site.

It’s online account software (I know, as if there aren’t enough options)

Would you please have a look and give any feedback, my concerns are that you can’t really see enough of the system before sign up and I feel like that might be an issue.

– Is the offering clear enough?
    – Does it need more screen shots?

I do plan to add a video of some usage down the line.

http://www.solidnumbers.com

JohnW
    • Total posts: 2,642
    Up

When I try to check out your website , my browser tells me:

“There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website’s address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.”

Regs,
    JohnW

Beany
    • Total posts: 29
    Up

Hi John,

What browser type and version are you using?

Thanks so much.

JohnW, post: 190921 wrote:
    When I try to check out your website , my browser tells me:

“There is a problem with this website’s security certificate.

The security certificate presented by this website was issued for a different website’s address.

Security certificate problems may indicate an attempt to fool you or intercept any data you send to the server.

We recommend that you close this webpage and do not continue to this website.”

Regs,
    JohnW

ShadowPro
    • Total posts: 22
    Up

I don’t get a warning but the certificate is not tied to your organisation – seems valid though. (Firefox & Linux)

Nice looking website – I’d maybe consider shouting more about why your different to your competitors.

It’s very clear what you do and how to navigate.

My first thoughts were that the slider is a bit samey in it’s message – all your competitors will do the same things.

The simplicity line works – most SMB owners that do the books probably don’t like it and the software is made for accountants not us, so I’d maybe think about pushing that message more.

Craig_Longmuir
    • Total posts: 556
    Up

looks very nice.

the slides at the top could probably do with a bit more info…I know its quick and to the point, but looks a little empty and doesn’t really shout out your selling point…

Available
    Everywhere

You can access your business from any computer or mobile device, anywhere, anytime.

karmaD
    • Total posts: 13
    Up
    Beany, post: 190906 wrote:
    Hi all,

So launching a new product soon, just trying to polish off the public side of the site.

It’s online account software (I know, as if there aren’t enough options)

Would you please have a look and give any feedback, my concerns are that you can’t really see enough of the system before sign up and I feel like that might be an issue.

– Is the offering clear enough?
    – Does it need more screen shots?

I do plan to add a video of some usage down the line.

http://www.solidnumbers.com

Hi,

I really like to look of the home page – clean and easy to understand what the website is about.
    My concern is that there is no indication of what accounting rules/ jurisdiction is used for your accounting solution?
    You have advertised functionality for “Financial reports” – what are the reporting rules?
    Is your software complying with the AASB (Australian accounting rules) or to USA GAAP or is generic?
    In other words: what is your target market? Australia (as you contact address is in Australia) or USA (as your domain is .com)?

regards
    karmaD

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Hi,

A couple of comments on your website.
    * No contact name or phone number, sorry you just lost me, you expect me to pay you up to $228, and no name, no phone number, not even a business name, People want security of knowing who we cough our money up to.

*Bland statement with no substance -“We have the highest security standards, your data is always backed up and secure”. Give me evidence, what do you do, where is my data. Ebay and Western digital said this, they failed, why do you believe you can.

* I get the same security certifcate error on IE as mentioned in a previous post, ok on Google chrome, not a good sign for your security statement.

* “Get paid faster”, great statement, but just getting invoices out doesnt guarantee that.. another bland statement

* no lock in contracts – But what happens when I leave, do you keep my data, do you export it for me, or am I really locked in because of the cost of migrating to another solution

* I would be disappointed if I picked up harmful material, and you dont ensure that it cant happen.

* Not sure on this one, but my understanding if you have a direct debit in place for a client, you must provide notice of any change to the standing agreement with sufficient time for the client to take appropriate action. As stated not sure on this one, but I am aware of some circumstances where companies have being taken to task when they have not advised clients in advance and the clients have won.

Bert

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

One other little question, are your “what people are saying” real, the first thing I always do is validate companies offering kind words, just from google searchs both of these are difficult to find

AdServe
    • Total posts: 112
    Up

Hi just one thing,
    It seems that on scroll you are trying to send users to the next panel or anchor.
    I have had major dramas with this and mac touch pads, I have tried and given up a few times.
    When I scroll I go straight to the bottom unless I really carefully and slightly scroll on my touchpad.

TrishF
    • Total posts: 192
    Up

Hi Beany
    I find the site lacking enough info, there are no pages other than the home page – many people want lots more details before they will make a decision. The slider moves too slow so unless you wait – you don’t see any more info. They are a little boring to look at – I would get a designer to make them look more interesting.

Have you tested this on a phone & tablet? I suspect it doesn’t work very well.

I don’t like how there is nothing about you on the about page – don’t hide from your potential customers – they won’t do business with someone who they can’t get to “Know, Like & Trust”.

Cheers & good luck

Trish Fehon

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.