Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Is print advertising working for you?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    GuestMember
    • Total posts: 318
    Up
    ::

With the growth of the internet, and then the meteoric rise of social media, many predicted print advertising would die or become low return on investment. Leaflets still arrive in mailboxes. Newspapers and magazines still have lots of adverts. Are they working? What’s your experience?

Jason Ramage
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,168
    Up

yes and no, are you asking from a consumers perspective or from a business owners perspective or just a general feel for this subject?

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: hello@lucasarthur.net.au   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Hi Paul,

Good question and I’m keen to see responses.

Earlier this year, I ran a print ad in a business magazine – half page at reasonable cost with reasonable readership etc, which will be replicated in further issues coming up. It’s probably the most I’ve spent on print advertising to date.

I’ve had minimal success off the single ad so far. I wasn’t expecting an isolated ad to generate a heap of business – hence agreeing to a few issues and from there I’ll see if it’s working and worth the investment.

However, what I can say from the above experience, and other print promotion is that I’ve been fortunate enough to have also had articles published in printed magazines/publications (including in combination with the ads described above). So, I think that print as a medium can still work, but, if it was paid ads only I’m not sure I would have seen as much business from them over the years as I have from printed advertorials or articles.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Yes

Quinzhee
    • Total posts: 20
    Up

I have just put my first print ad in the local paper (North shore times) today.

I have had a mild increase in hits to my website but my bookings has increased noticeably today. Time will tell if this medium of marketing will deliver results.

This is the only advertising I have done so far.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.