Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Is there any value in my free offer on my site?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    KeepitSimpleIT
    • Total posts: 88
    Up
    ::

Hi all,

I have started to put together, as of 30 mins ago, a form on my site to provide some details to enable me to conduct a free phone bill anaylsis. I am about to conduct some cinema advertising on this topic and looking to fine tune the right key questions to small business owners. The aim of the form is to give an indication I already know enough of the small business owners pain and understand where there are at.

Could I politely ask anyone willing with 5 mins to go to the site, fill in the form and provide feedback via the Contact Us page please?

Link as follows: http://www.frankstonkisit.com/phone-bill-analysis-free.html

Thank you to all in advance.

In summary, really could use some business owners feedback on the questions and the purpose of the form. Will accept any feedback, constructive or harsh!

Cheers,
    Glenn

Warren Cottis
    Participant
    • Total posts: 807
    Up

Hi Glenn

I clicked on the link in your post and of course I went to your form page. However, I wanted to see how someone would normally find your form page so I looked at your home page.

I would have preferred to see a big red button (to match your site colours) on the right hand side of the page giving me some idea of the benefits for me to click through to the form page.

On your form page I think you need to revisit your copy and lead with the benefits and what you will do for me. Being tired of Telstra and receiving a free assessment are not really inducements to fill in such a long form.

Again, if I am to fill in your long form you need to tell me exactly what is going to happen if I do so. Using words like “we will endeavour to respond quickly” does not exactly fill me with confidence.

Re the form…. I suggest that it’s too long and you should be calling the people to get some of that information to start building the relationship. One part of the form could be “best time to call”… hmmm, on second thoughts perhaps just take out the $$ spend section as that is a bit “in your face” and would be better covered in a follow up call or personalised email

At the end I believe that you can delete “Do you give permission for us to contact you?” as anyone who fills in the form obviously wants to hear from you.

You said to be honest and I have just given you 20 minutes of my time so I hope you are ok with my comments…

Hugh Thyer
    • Total posts: 159
    Up

You should make the free offer far more prominent. It should jump out at anyone who goes to your website. They shouldnt be able to miss it!

Then, when they do the audit you send them the results. Attach the results with a 1 page sales letter which details the next step you want them to take.

Then follow them up at least twice more if they don’t respond to this new offer. If you don’t get them by mail then call them.

And you should send the report in the mail, not via email. Its far more personal if you send it snail mail, and you’ll get a better response.

There are heaps of other things you could do, but the main thing is to use your free analysis as the tool to get them in, and then have an established system in place for turning the leads into clients.

KeepitSimpleIT
    Up

Thank you to both Warren and Hugh.

I have decided that the form needs to be simplified dramatically!

I will put together a moving banner that scrolls across the entire top menu which places my offer. It will link to the new form, which will just have a few basic questions.

Thanx again guys, very helpful! I guess I got carried away with finding a way to develop the form without too much thought! ;-)

Will update you in a few days!

Glenn

Benedict
    • Total posts: 144
    Up

Hi Glenn

Just saw this

I too wanted context so went to your home page and the only way I saw to link was under your Key Services. I would think this offer doesn’t really belong there (as it isn’t really a key service – related but not) but out in the copy.

I did see some other things that I think are not great for your overall Sales Flow:

I offer this advice and hope you can take it in stride. I am happy to discuss and explain any of my points.

• Your Nav Items change size when hovered over. The amount of change is just too great as it causes the whole menu to ‘leap around’ (in Firefox at least)
    • Your Home page reads a collection of blog articles. I know Joomla and the like encourage this but do users really understand what you offer from these snippets. I think not. Make Home page more static and then link to Services and Latest Posts.
    • You need to focus on ‘me’ more than ‘you’ (mentioned earlier). You have technical skills but that is only of use to me when it solves a problem like: my PC is bung and I can’t sort it and I have to part with cash so I need someone who is good and caring.
    • Your Ashes Poll is irrelevant to your business (even if your boss is Brett Lee). Either replace with an IT Q. like “Does your provider really fix your printer?” or drop it.

I could pick on you some more (sorry) but I won’t other than to say that you could benefit greatly from taking some sales and marketing advice. If you speak to me (after I broke your nose that is) then I am prepared to be very accommodating.

:-)

Richard A
    • Total posts: 92
    Up

HI Glen,

I am interested to know how your cinema advertising went – can you fill us in??

Cheers

Richard

KeepitSimpleIT
    Up

Hmmmm I was initially chasing a few constructive points about my form, not the entire site. However, some of the points raised are quite helpful and it has driven me to conduct a redevelopment of my site. I will update it within the month….

On the cinema advert I am running, just finalising production now as we speak, aiming for mid Sept running on the screens, so no update.

May I ask, if someone has any real “harsh” criticism, maybe a PM to me might be very appreciated???

Cheers,
    Glenn

KeepitSimpleIT
    Up

Hi all,

At first when the feedback came to me about my site, I was hesitant and feeling a little hard done by.

However, since re-reading the posts, you have all contributed fairly and appropriately, in fact your feedback was instrumental in my decision to revamp the site.

I have a little way to go, but would appreciate those following this post to have a look at the new site, before I start getting the SEO going.

Yes there are a few finer graphic issues and a few minor technical things, but this is being addressed over the next few days.

I think it is a huge change, much improved.

Old site: http://www.frankstonkisit.com

New site: http://www.keepitsimpleit.com.au

Also….. I have gotten rid of the original form and created ones for specific interests in certain services I provide.

In summary, as a fellow flying solo member, I could really use the open feedback again please?

Cheers,
    Glenn

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

I think you have made some great improvements and it looks easier and simpler to find information. You also pave the way for further afield in the future.

Perhaps in the future you could use the ‘virtual screen’ to ‘see’ a person’s computer with their permission (password protected) online, and fix many tech problems virtually?

Best wishes.

PS I think you should actually start a new post with your question above as it might get confused with the older one. :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.