Home – New Forums Money matters Is there GST on labour performed overseas

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    luckyphil
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

I have just started my business. All my work at this stage will be outside of Australia. All my invoices have just labour and expenses (travel & hotels). My income may be more than 75000 (not sure yet) do I need to pay GST on my overseas labour ?

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi Phil,

Hopefully someone with expertise can help you out with this, but in the meantime – Welcome to Flying Solo!

Dave

TehCamel
    • Total posts: 873
    Up

the location the work is performed isn’t relevant.
    If you are invoicing non-australian entities for the income, then no GST is chargeable on that invoice (but you may be subject to taxes in the other jurisdiction, ie VAT)

if you are performing the work overseas, but invoicing an australian company, then if you’re registered for GST, you must charge them gst

example:
    UKClient1: I perform the work in Australia. I’m an Australian-registered entity, registered for GST. Because the client is an international entity, my invoices to them have GST-exclusive tax code.
    AUClient1: I perform most of the work remotely, from australia, in australia. However, one of their entities is in Hong Kong.
    The parent client is an australian entity, and I bill them for all work (even the HK work) and they sort it out internally.
    I charge them GST.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.