Home – New Forums Marketing mastery is this 2 expensive for advertising?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    sam jones
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

i have been offered some advertising by a marketing company.

They guarantee that 30000 people in my local area will see it.

the cost is $1200 and is quite simple, and to me seems like it would be quite effective as well.

They print my logo and contact details on napkins then distribute them around local eateries iin my area

anyone heard of this or has any thoughts?

i looked into the price of custom printed napkins and it works out cheaper to do this through this company

thanks in advance

seocourse
    • Total posts: 918
    Up

Sam

I can’t remember the last time I kept a napkin because there was a great logo or business printed.

1.2K is quite a lot if you consider that you can use that money to build your own guerrilla marketing strategy.

;)

DavidM
    • Total posts: 329
    Up

Hi Sam,

You need to be clear on the results you want to achieve. If your results are:

‘I want my business to be ‘seen’ by 30,000 people’
    (but perhaps not comprehended… or explained) then this idea could have merit.

If you want your business to generate sales results, then this is probably not the best avenue.

In short – the initiative looks to offer exposure – but probably not to your target market. And even if they were your target market, the napkin wouldn’t give enough information to tempt them to find out more – nor would they keep the napkin to revisit later.

David

MarketingHQ
    • Total posts: 142
    Up

Hi Sam,

I can think of so many better ways to spend $1,200 than putting your logo on napkins.

I’m also very suspicious of the claims that 30,000 people will see it. Do they base this on printing and distributing 30,000 of them? They are drawing a very long bow if that is the case.

Anything you do advertising wise needs to be directed to your target market and to be honest this just isn’t targeted enough for my liking and a waste of money.

Just my 2 cents…

yourvirtualboard
    • Total posts: 569
    Up

It all comes down to ROI – if you can increase your investment ($1,200) by a multiple you are happy with then no not expensive but good value. It all depends on how many customers you need to cover that and then what their lifetime value to your business might be.

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

I think it depends a lot on who your target market is.

Are your business to business or business to consumer?

– Jake

MikeNash
    • Total posts: 35
    Up

Hi Sam

Short answer: No.

Longer answer…

There are a lot of ways to reach target customers, and the best way will depend on what sort of business you’re in. Napkins sounds like a great business for the company that prints napkins, but little else to be honest.

At our local food court I’ve seen these napkins. I’ve wiped my hands and mouth (and shirt, trousers, tie sometimes) with them, and thrown them in the bin. I’ve been vaguely aware of printing on some them.

I’d suggest that you post a bit back about your business, as suggested by Jake, and people will help you.

Mike

businesstrader
    • Total posts: 77
    Up

I agree with MikeNash,

I feel that the napkin promotion would not be very effective.

Does your business have an online pressence? Can you tell us more?

adtraka109
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Spending $1,200 is too much sam.. I agree with them that there are more better ways than spending too much of your money. Think of another option or have some other marketing company.

Marketing Optimisation

onlineiq
    • Total posts: 93
    Up

Hi Sam,

What is it you are selling and what is your offer?

Unless it is an absolutely uniquely unbelieveable offer to the specific market of people who will be using the napkins (an offer to them – no a logo of yours!), it will be $1200 wasted.

You should not be comparing whether it is the best rate for having those napkins printed and distributed, but whether this is the best way to reach your market, and whether having just your business identity showing without some great reason why they should engage with you.

Good luck!

kbrookes
    • Total posts: 265
    Up

Almost certainly not worth the money.

just as many online campaigns focus on impressions, or even clicks, the wrong metric is being used.

I recently wrote an article about the online version of this issue on my blog.

Here’s one question you could ask: what’s the average CPL (Cost Per Lead) of businesses who take on this campaign. If they can’t tell you, then they don’t care how many leads you generate from the exercise, they’re just interested in taking two bites of the pie by getting you to pay for the production of napkins that are no doubt also sold to retailers.

travelmaster
    • Total posts: 200
    Up

Hi,

I don’t know what you’re selling or offering but I can tell you that’s this is the last place I’d be putting my $1200 of advertising money in.
    It can’t possibly work other than for the pple who print the napkins.

Anyway, that’s just my 2 cents worth.

Rgds

morpheyous
    • Total posts: 45
    Up

Do You really want people to wipe their hands, blow their nose and wipe up mess with your brand name. I would expect that if they did in fact read your name before they cleaned then perhaps the memory that is brought forth when they see your name again is of them wiping their nose.

Good Luck
    Peter Davis
    http://www.ysearch.com.au

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.