Home Forums Other discussions Is this really Spam?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    GuestMember
    • Total posts: 318

I’ve contributed a number of times recently and been marked as spam. Is this being done by moderators or members? I don’t regard what I’ve written as spam. I don’t see trigger words that would upset human or robot. So what’s going on?!
    Acc. to Disqus, “Contact a site moderator where you’re being marked as spam. Once they approve some of your comments, you’ll be less likely to be marked as spam in the future.”
    Thanks, Paul

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,168

That’s not good, is it? hopefully someone will answer and let you know what’s going on soon.

Dave Gillen – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,543

Hi Paul,

Sorry about the confusion! It appears to be an issue with the filtering in the Disqus commenting software. Those comments should be approved now, and with any luck the software will know you’re legit from not on. Fingers crossed!!

Thanks for letting us know. :)

Dave

Dave Gillen - Client Acquisition | Brisbane | (07) 3180 0288
    GuestMember

Thanks for looking into it Dave and getting back on it. Paul

GuestMember

A few other threads are marked as spam:
    What 1 Million Tweets Taught Us About How People Tweet Successfully
    5 things to consider before deciding which content to create
    How generosity can grow your business
    It would be good to clear them as Disqus is sensitised by one and starts keeping an unnecessarily close eye on others, watching for keywords. If I put ‘buy now’ in a post on CTAs I might end up in the sin bin!
    Thanks, Paul

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889

Hi Paul,
    I’ve approved both those bottom two comments now now so they are appearing. I can’t impact the ‘1 million’ tweets one as it is one another site. As you say I can’t see a reason why Disqus may not like them. I’ve also added your username to our whitelist that that might help!
    Cheers, Peter

GuestMember

Thanks Peter.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.