Home – New Forums New here? Share your story IT Consultant in Sydney

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    CaseyCo
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hello Everyone,

Recently signed up and have already been reading through lots of threads (too easy to get distracted!).

I’m in the process of setting up myself as an independent IT consultant based in Sydney’s Inner West. I started my IT career working in the SMB space (primarily with advertising and graphic design clients) back in the late 90s. Quickly moved to corporate IT where I remained for over 15 years. Have recently taken the leap to go back to helping small business with their IT requirements.

Currently going through my checklist of requirements such as ABN, name registration, business structure, GST, domains, insurance, trademarks, website, pricing models, USP, sales and marketing, social media and I’m sure there’s lot’s more I don’t even know about yet. Will update my details when the online presence is active. It certainly feels overwhelming at times but I’ve committed to this so got to keep plugging away.

Hopefully I can be of assistance for any IT related questions (it’s a vast field) when I’m browsing through posts.

Thanks for providing the forum, it’s already been an invaluable source of information.

Cheers.
    Corin Casey

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Terrific first post Corin.

Thanks for joining and contributing.

Your list is fantastic and it does look overwhelming but it also reminds me of the old saying
    Q “How do you eat and elephant?
    A: One bite at a time

Good luck going out on your own and I look forward to seeing you around the forums!

Cheers

mnewma13
    Up

Hi Casey,
    I have just started dipping my toe into the telecommunications world, feel free to send me an email and we can organise a chat as to how we can help each other provide a wholistic approach to complete communications. You take care of the IT side, i deal with the phones.

Our industries go hand in hand and hopefully we can help each other to grow.

[email protected]

Cheers
    Mike

CaseyCo
    Up
    mnewma13, post: 241582, member: 88139 wrote:
    Hi Casey,
    I have just started dipping my toe into the telecommunications world, feel free to send me an email and we can organise a chat as to how we can help each other provide a wholistic approach to complete communications. You take care of the IT side, i deal with the phones.

Our industries go hand in hand and hopefully we can help each other to grow.

[email protected]

Cheers
    Mike

Will be in touch Mike,

Cheers,
    Corin

CaseyCo
    Up
    vansy, post: 242348, member: 88198 wrote:
    Good luck to your business buddy and i am hoping that your business would be great.

Thanks Vansy. I’m currently drafting a report of my first couple of months, not what I expected but still going ;)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.