Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Its a Scam – Dont be a victim

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    v1nn1e
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    ::

hey all. just thought to post as am starting this site. Am hoping to get people to post any problems they have had or scams confronted as well as be a resource for future possible marks ermm i meant consumers :p

Let me knw what you think, ie colours , other content as well as images and logos as is my first complete build.

Help inform the public and stop those whom would take advantage of unsuspecting parties

Its a scam! – Dont be a victim
    [URL=”http://http://itsascam.info/index.php”%5DAn online Consumer Guided Resource[/URL]

is in its infant stages as yet though truly hope you all enjoy

King
    • Total posts: 2,212
    Up

don’t like the colour scheme much.
    Hope you have a good legal team behind you – if someone publishes defamatory content on your site then YOU are also liable as a publisher.
    I’d check broken links etc. YOU must be totally transparent, with full email, phone street and postal contact methods publicly visible. Otherwise there is the first element lost, trust.

Past-Member
    • Total posts: 1,815
    Up

Re: It’s a Scam – Don’t be a victim

As previous comments. The orange colour is very hard to read.

There is a good site already here

http://www.scamwatch.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/693900

v1nn1e
    • Total posts: 9
    Up

Cheers guys..

Am going to have to get that looked into with regards to liability. had considered this though was hoping a well written Term of service and Disclaimer would suffice.

As per the colour *shrug , i guess is is subjective.. have had some good comments about them as well so will need to judge that over time and with further reviews i guess. Though do agree the txt in the banner could be written in a different font perhaps to help make it more legible.

With regards to the broken links i have looked through the site and couldn’t find any. other than the one. I am hoping your mention of this was in reference to the contact us link.

If so this has been corrected and an email account setup.

I am aware about scamwatch and a few other agencies within Australia though this site is not intended for the use of Australians alone .

I am hoping it will become a valuable service.

Thanks again guys.

Keep those thoughts comment and suggestions coming in, they are indeed appreciated.

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up
    King, post: 26384 wrote:
    don’t like the colour scheme much.
    Hope you have a good legal team behind you – if someone publishes defamatory content on your site then YOU are also liable as a publisher.

Does that mean Youtube is liable for copyright videos posted on it’s site?

KarenC, post: 26389 wrote:
    There is a good site already here http://www.scamwatch.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/693900

Karen makes a good point, but don’t let it deter you. Look at ways you can differ from Scamwatch (You’ve already pointed one out yourself) and focus these.

Re: The Colour Scheme – Drop it … If you are going to use a colour like orange, use it to make certain parts of the webpage stand out. No1 rule of web design? Never have your main body text in anything that is even remotely hard to read!

Logo – I think the background needs to be faded out more, with the “stop the scammers” made more prominent.

Text – Center aligned text should only ever be a last resort.

I do have a question … When I normally see something thats suspicious, I google the URL… If it’s a scam, there will normally be listings about it.

If that doesn’t work I will open the page on a sandbox, to see whats in it.

What is the intention of your site?

Am I supposed to search to forum posts to find it?
    Am I supposed to constantly monitor the forums to keep my eyes out for scams & thus be prepared when they happen?

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up
    Emroy, post: 26415 wrote:
    Does that mean Youtube is liable for copyright videos posted on it’s site?

Yes – Which is why they have a very solid set of T&C’s. Publishers have a responsibility for what’s posted on their website.

Look at torrent websites, they’re constantly being sued by the big guns about “distributing” “illegal media”. They’re technically just an indexing website, akin to Google really, yet their users “sometimes” use their website to share illegal things.

However these websites are constantly finding loopholes. THEY have a very good legal team, haha.

You’ll find a lot of publishers, to avoid legal ramifications, will cooperate with anyone who has a bone to pick with their content by providing them with a way to quickly report and pull down certain content.

I believe YouTube has a backend system built specifically for the big media companies, where they can immediately can a video, or disable the audio of a video that contains their copyrighted material.

When it comes to discriminating material, and the OPs website, a very solid set of T&Cs would be needed. Plus he would need to be seen to be actively moderating all content, to ensure nothing discriminating is actually posted.

What is the point of the website if it’s not factual and everyone with a bad customer experience reports a business?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.