Home – New Forums New here? Share your story I’ve decided to bite the bullet and work for myself!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Allen Digital
    • Total posts: 18
    Up
    ::

Hi Guys,

Just joined the forums today. After 10 long and sometimes excruciating years working for other people I have finally decided to go it alone. I’m an IT consultant based in Brisbane focusing on helping to move businesses to the cloud, web development and Business Intelligence.

I’ve already got some work lined up for the big day (March 6 is my first day as self-employed) and have got my ABN, business name sorted and just registered for GST. On that note, the business portal to register for GST is like something from the 1990’s!

Hope to use this forum for advice on running a business as well as offering some technical advice wherever I can…

Cheers,

Paul

StuartL
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

Congratulations on making the big decision – now the hard work really begins :)

And I know what you mean about registering for an ABN – quite a few of my partner’s clients end up asking her to do it for them.

Fredy Namdin
    • Total posts: 45
    Up

Hi Paul,

Welcome to FS! It is a great community here, I have travelled around different online forums and FS is so far the most active with genuine people.

Cheers,

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up

Hi And Welcome to the Forums. It is great to have you!

Thank you for joining Flying Solo and posting today.

Please feel free to either ask or offer any advice on the Forums – we are happy, helpful and enjoy new members input.

Congratulations Paul. Counting the days down with you!

Cheers

DavidChin
    • Total posts: 124
    Up

Welcome Paul. Good luck with your venture.

TrentKing
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Congratulations Allen. The website looks good! You might need to work out an SEO plan to raise your ranking for the keyword ‘Allen Digital’.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.