Home Forums Tech talk IVR on Mobile Number

  • This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #999945
    Amy1991
    Member
    • Total posts: 23

    It was my understanding that usually businesses who use national numbers or Toll-Free numbers like 1300 or 1800 or 13 can have IVR system, where the caller can make their choice to be directed to the appropriate department or the area.

    I recently found out through a friend that it can be done via mobile number too…does anyone know how to do it and how is it possible? Or if you know any business who provide similar service…

    Ideally, I want that when someone calls the number…they get asked to choose a consultation time, For 30 mins press 1 or for 60 mins press 2…Once they select, they are asked their payment details to process the payment and then they enter their postcode to be directed to the closed consultant to them…If possible, I want the call to disconnect in the time selected..

    And I want this to happen via MOBILE number instead of a 1300 or 1800 or 13 number…

    Does anyone have a CLUE…?

    Thank you :)

    Be Kind & Have a Safe Festive Season

    #1221960
    innotel
    Member
    • Total posts: 19

    Hi Amy,

    It’s possible and there are two ways and I’m assuming you want to keep the current mobile number you’re advertising;

    1) find a carrier who will transfer your mobile number and route it like a landline or 13/1300/1800 number through an IVR platform, or

    2) Is to simply take on an Inbound service that has IVR capabilities and forward your mobile number to the number they provide you.

    The first option is rare, to the point where up until a short time ago, you couldn’t directly terminate a mobile number on anything other than a mobile service, however, the costs and logistics may be prohibitive when compared against the second option.

    The second option is simple; we’ve done it for clients before and all we’ve done is provide an Inbound service with the IVR and replace the 13/1300/1800 number with a standard landline number you divert your mobile phone to; this removes the inbound per-minute charge from the solution.

    Most, if not all mobile plans these days have unlimited calling, so anything diverted isn’t charged separately for. You’d still pay for any calls that were diverted from the IVR to the consultant.

    Both options are achievable – happy to talk them through with you in detail if you’d like.

    cheers,
    Andrew

    #1221961
    Amy1991
    Member
    • Total posts: 23
    innotel, post: 268148, member: 87575 wrote:
    Hi Amy,

    It’s possible and there are two ways and I’m assuming you want to keep the current mobile number you’re advertising;

    1) find a carrier who will transfer your mobile number and route it like a landline or 13/1300/1800 number through an IVR platform, or

    2) Is to simply take on an Inbound service that has IVR capabilities and forward your mobile number to the number they provide you.

    The first option is rare, to the point where up until a short time ago, you couldn’t directly terminate a mobile number on anything other than a mobile service, however, the costs and logistics may be prohibitive when compared against the second option.

    The second option is simple; we’ve done it for clients before and all we’ve done is provide an Inbound service with the IVR and replace the 13/1300/1800 number with a standard landline number you divert your mobile phone to; this removes the inbound per-minute charge from the solution.

    Most, if not all mobile plans these days have unlimited calling, so anything diverted isn’t charged separately for. You’d still pay for any calls that were diverted from the IVR to the consultant.

    Both options are achievable – happy to talk them through with you in detail if you’d like.

    cheers,
    Andrew
    Hi Andrew

    It sounds good. I’m happy to chat…Is your website InnoTel?

    #1221962
    Mischelle
    Member
    • Total posts: 805

    Hi Amy,

    I have a cloud PBX system and IVR, it’s awesome, my staff are in some weird locations (Country QLD, Country WA, France etc)

    I also have a 1800 number pushing to our main landline (or it can be any phone number, mobile or landline)

    Just a quick little note, normally you will be charged per minute for the inbound calls that divert to your consultants, so please remember to factor that into your pricing, get accurate pricing from your provider.

    EXAMPLE: Someone calls and selects a 60 minute consult, when the call diverts to the consultant via the IVR, you will be paying per minute, so make sure you add that to your pricing (it’s not a lot per call but for a 60 minute consult, it will add up)

    Cheers
    Mischelle :):)

    #1221963
    Amy1991
    Member
    • Total posts: 23
    Mischelle, post: 268226, member: 60404 wrote:
    Hi Amy,

    I have a cloud PBX system and IVR, it’s awesome, my staff are in some weird locations (Country QLD, Country WA, France etc)

    I also have a 1800 number pushing to our main landline (or it can be any phone number, mobile or landline)

    Just a quick little note, normally you will be charged per minute for the inbound calls that divert to your consultants, so please remember to factor that into your pricing, get accurate pricing from your provider.

    EXAMPLE: Someone calls and selects a 60 minute consult, when the call diverts to the consultant via the IVR, you will be paying per minute, so make sure you add that to your pricing (it’s not a lot per call but for a 60 minute consult, it will add up)

    Cheers
    Mischelle :):)

    Thank you heaps, Mischelle.

    So this is what I understand:

    1. 1300, 1800 and 13 numbers can have the IVR setup required for the business.
    2. 190 numbers are special numbers that charge the caller automatically via their mobile service provider.

    Now my question was,

    I want to be able to use an Australian Mobile number (04…………) and put IVR etc. on it and be able to charge the caller based on the time of the call.

    Is that doable? possible?

    #1221964
    arrowwise
    Member
    • Total posts: 641

    Yes mostly likely however you probably need to divert the mobile to a VoIP provider that can bill each new inbound call according to your business requirements.

    #1221965
    Amy1991
    Member
    • Total posts: 23
    arrowwise, post: 268360, member: 54026 wrote:
    Yes mostly likely however you probably need to divert the mobile to a VoIP provider that can bill each new inbound call according to your business requirements.
    Thank you. I do have a question about this. I am going to post a new thread..
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.