Home – New Forums Tech talk Java or Swift app developer?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    murray.collingwood
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi, I hope I’m not breaching any rules here as I’m actually seeking two very special people.

Background: Six years ago I had an idea for a business that would revolutionise the Mobile app development market. Six years later I’m still convinced the opportunity is real and I’ve determined that I can’t do this alone, and so I’m looking for two people to partner with.

To make this business work I need a Java/Android developer and a Swift/iOS developer.

I have no funding, but an idea that could be very successful.

Unfortunately I can’t say too much about the idea here, but I’m happy to share my ideas with the right people after you sign an NDA. Or you could try asking some questions here and I will share what I can.

Cheers
    Murray

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,385
    Up

Hi And Welcome to Flying Solo Murray. It is great to have you!

Thank you for joining our community and posting.

Good luck with both your idea and with your search.

Cheers
    Paul

Bradzo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Hi Murray
    I’m very interested in this.
    The tech I’ve been using over the last 7 years has produced at least 10 mobile apps (Android and iOS, and web) – from a single code base – for different companies – no need for separate developers. 🙂
    Happy to sign NDA, and am keen to see what you have in mind re “business that would revolutionise the Mobile app development” market, as I have similar ideas.
    Cheers
    Brad

murray.collingwood
    Participant
    Up

Hi Brad

Thanks for replying. Unfortunately what we are planning to build does require native Java and Swift development. I have already ventured into a Swift based prototype and realised very quickly that we were unable to use a lot of the nice friendly screen, form and navigation tools. They just won’t work for what we need to do. If you are willing to consider Java or Swift development I would be happy to talk with you further.

Cheers
    Murray

elianawilson
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

Java is the preferred language for Android development because you get the best vendor support (from Google).Swift is preferred for iOS development for the same reason (from Apple).Neither platform is “easy,” so it doesn’t really matter. You choose the platform. Or you choose both.

murray.collingwood
    Participant
    Up

Hi Eliana

The plan has always been to do both – there’s no point developing an app that only works for half the world.
    So which language are you proficient with?

Cheers
    Murray

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.