• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Running Messenger
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hello to all out there. My hubby and I are starting a small courier business in the next few weeks. We just have some schooling to finish, business cert. IV. Very exciting and very scary, but positive.

Dream Group
    • Total posts: 47
    Up
    Running Messenger, post: 27165 wrote:
    Hello to all out there. My hubby and I are starting a small courier business in the next few weeks. We just have some schooling to finish, business cert. IV. Very exciting and very scary, but positive.

Hi Jeannette,

Welcome to FS and welcome to the wonderful world of business.
    We are all here to support you along the way.

All the best

Regards
    Warren

Steven Hudson
    • Total posts: 122
    Up

Jeannette

Welcome!!!

Transport and Logistics is where I play in a fair bit, if I can help I will just let me know where you are located and the services you offer.

THINK…..DO…..REVIEW…..NEXT

Cheers

Steven

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

Jeanette,

Great to hear! Always good to have some more competition in the courier market.

Where abouts are you based and what areas will you be servicing? I use couriers quite frequently and am always looking for good deals / reliable service.

Get in touch once you launch.

PS: @Steven – Love that saying of yours – “THINK…..DO…..REVIEW…..NEXT”

Regards,

Jake

SimonC
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

Hi Jeannette,

I can relate, Just completed my cert4 in Dec 09 and wrote my business plan on courier companies in Australia.

My wife and I are now in our 7th month of operation with 1.5 years of planning into our concept.

Our concept is very unique we offer our customers a supermarket of freight choices.

Our customers enter the L x W x H , weight and pickup and delivery information and our database displays a list of courier companies, transit times, costs and allows our customers to book online. We are proud to have some of the cheapest rates in the industry due to our low overheads.

We can generate a consignment note label for the top courier companies instantly and our customers can print or PDF them to the sender.

Currently we have local and interstate, however international is not far away, and I am very excited as I worked for FedEx for 14 years.

Our concept is not just a web driven market TUE through to THU I am meeting customers face to face.

We are also lucky enough to be involved in some very large tenders as we are the gel that can bind together

Ecommerce and online store calculators
    Same day delivery
    Pallets
    Linehaul
    Satchels
    Australia wide coverage

& international shortly

We have been able to negotiate with the top transport companies and obtain sensational rates. We keep the rates cheap as our process is completely automated and based on volume

Jeannette – We can show courier companies for specific post codes and enter your rates directly and show them on our calculator with only a small mark up. If you would like to PM me I would be happy to help however please note there is a bit of a queue to load up all the carriers.

We also have many brokers and courier companies that want Australia wide coverage however do not have the resources to cover the entire country. They simply utilise our services to gain quick rates

I am based in Sydney if you would like to meet up face to face. We can even build you a calculator for your website that shows your rates and allows customers to book online with you. This reduces tire kickers and your sales support time.

With Kind Rgds

Simon

Interstate Couriers

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Simon, Hi Jeannette

Welcome to you both! We’ll look forward to your input in our discussions.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend,
    Jayne

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.