Home – New Forums Money matters Job Keeper is taxable

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    ::

Just a note or a reminder that Job Keeper is an assessable income, so don’t go and spend the whole lot as we are being encouraged to, or you could be in for a nasty surprise.

https://www.ato.gov.au/Newsroom/smallbusiness/Lodging-and-paying/Have-you-received-a-government-payment-or-grant-/?sbnews20200819

James Millar
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,739
    Up
    bb1, post: 270640, member: 53375 wrote:
    Just a note or a reminder that Job Keeper is an assessable income, so don’t go and spend the whole lot as we are being encouraged to, or you could be in for a nasty surprise.

https://www.ato.gov.au/Newsroom/smallbusiness/Lodging-and-paying/Have-you-received-a-government-payment-or-grant-/?sbnews20200819

That’s a good reminder Bert. No doubt many will forget but unfortunately the ATO won’t. Not exactly hard from them to audit given the payments came from their system.

Helping build better businesses and better lives with expert financial and taxation advice. [email protected] www.360partners.com.au 03 9005 4900
    jayen
    • Total posts: 23
    Up
    bb1, post: 270640, member: 53375 wrote:
    don’t go and spend the whole lot

If I spend it on business stuff, then the expenditure is tax deductible, right?

I live-chatted the ATO the other day (thanks ATO for SBA) and the person I chatted to expected JobKeeper to appear automatically in MyTax. That would have been nice!

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up
    jayen, post: 270721, member: 54988 wrote:
    If I spend it on business stuff, then the expenditure is tax deductible, right?

I live-chatted the ATO the other day (thanks ATO for SBA) and the person I chatted to expected JobKeeper to appear automatically in MyTax. That would have been nice!
    The funds you receive are taxable.
    Tax deduction rules apply.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.