• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Netboost SEO
    • Total posts: 191
    Up
    ::

As a business owner I love to meet people & Network – however todate I have not yet joined Rotary but am now seriously considering it

Just wondering how many of the flying solo community are members of Rotary and why/when they joined?

Since we’ve been working with Rotary we’ve been blown away by the diversity & experience of the organization, just the other day we were making coffee plans with the CEO of a national retail chain… pretty cool stuff

Also just wondering on those who didn’t end up joining? why not? Any pros and cons you’d like to share would be much appreciated as we are trying to gauge how the community in general perceives rotary..

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

I have spoken with a few businesses that are Rotary members and they seem to find it very good. I don’t know specifics, and am not a member myself. I must admit a lack of knowledge as to what is actually involved.

I clicked on the link in your sig, but it says page not found…

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

I have spoken with a few businesses that are Rotary members and they seem to find it very good. I don’t know specifics, and am not a member myself. I must admit a lack of knowledge as to what is actually involved.

I clicked on the link in your sig, but it says page not found…

travelmaster
    • Total posts: 200
    Up

Rotary is an excelent networking organisation. I’ve been a member for almost 10 years and really enjoy the friendships, connections, projects and the general concept.
    But you should not look at it from a purely business angle.
    If you join it should be because you have a will to do some good in your community. It will no doubt give you an opportunity to network with many others.
    Rotary is going through a period of membership decline. Check out a few Clubs before you join one. Visit them, go to the meetings a few times so you know what’s going on. Some Clubs are very “by the book” and some are less so. If you know someone in a Club who can introduce you even better.
    Let us know what you decide to do.
    I’m happy to answer any questions if you have any.

travelmaster
    Up

Rotary is an excelent networking organisation. I’ve been a member for almost 10 years and really enjoy the friendships, connections, projects and the general concept.
    If you join it should be because you have a will to do some good in your community. It will no doubt give you an opportunity to network with many others.
    Rotary is going through a period of membership decline. Check out a few Clubs before you join one. Visit them, go to the meetings a few times so you know what’s going on. Some Clubs are very “by the book” and some are less so. If you know someone in a Club who can introduce you even better.

Netboost SEO
    Up
    travelmaster, post: 113592 wrote:

Ok, how did you join, what was the process like?

Netboost SEO
    Up
    travelmaster, post: 113592 wrote:

Ok, how did you join, what was the process like?

travelmaster
    Up

Hi,

sorry, haven’t been on FS for a few days so only just saw this question to me.
    When I bought my current businees 10 yrs ago the seller suggetsed that it may be a good idea and good for the business to join Rotary. At the time I had no idea about it either. The joining process was very simple. I got introduced to a local Club, went to a few meetings as a guest, liked the people and the “vibe” and joined. Obviously they did some checks on me but that was quite simple. Since then it has been a great experience to be part of Rotary.
    Hope it helps.

travelmaster
    Up

Hi,

sorry, haven’t been on FS for a few days so only just saw this question to me.
    When I bought my current businees 10 yrs ago the seller suggetsed that it may be a good idea and good for the business to join Rotary. At the time I had no idea about it either. The joining process was very simple. I got introduced to a local Club, went to a few meetings as a guest, liked the people and the “vibe” and joined. Obviously they did some checks on me but that was quite simple. Since then it has been a great experience to be part of Rotary.
    Hope it helps.

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

I have been involved with Rotary but never became a member. We are invited to all the fund raising functions each year and have got to know quite a few people. On the odd occassion I have done work for many of them but thats not why we support these functions. they are usually heeps of fun. Last night we went to a trivia night, I must say Rotarians are getting younger, and unfortunately didnt win but had heeps of fun.
    We are often invited to their breakfasts as well.
    To come to think of it no one has ever asked me to join.

Burgo
    Participant
    Up

I have been involved with Rotary but never became a member. We are invited to all the fund raising functions each year and have got to know quite a few people. On the odd occassion I have done work for many of them but thats not why we support these functions. they are usually heeps of fun. Last night we went to a trivia night, I must say Rotarians are getting younger, and unfortunately didnt win but had heeps of fun.
    We are often invited to their breakfasts as well.
    To come to think of it no one has ever asked me to join.

travelmaster
    Up

Burgo,

We’re looking for more members – wanna come as a guest and see what my Club is all about ? We are the Thornleigh Club and I believe that’s not too far from you….

travelmaster
    Up

Burgo,

We’re looking for more members – wanna come as a guest and see what my Club is all about ? We are the Thornleigh Club and I believe that’s not too far from you….

Burgo
    Participant
    Up

If I a little more time I would have joined North Ryde years ago.
    My brother is a member at Lockhardt.
    I have other interests which keep me outta mischief and sometimes extremely busy.
    Thank you for the offer though and will keep your invitation in mind

Burgo
    Participant
    Up

If I a little more time I would have joined North Ryde years ago.
    My brother is a member at Lockhardt.
    I have other interests which keep me outta mischief and sometimes extremely busy.
    Thank you for the offer though and will keep your invitation in mind

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.