Home – New Forums Other discussions Joint venture partner question

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    ::

Hi,

I am curious what to do if you are looking for a JV partner. Are we allowed to post a thread looking for one?

If not, would a Joint partner sub forums might be a good idea?

Thanks

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

Hi Matthew,

I have seen a couple of posts on here second partners etc. – I don’t think there is anything wrong with it. But hey… I am not part of the Admin team so just my opinion :)

What is it they say ‘Better to ask for forgiveness than permission’ :)

Warren Cottis
    Participant
    • Total posts: 807
    Up

I am interested in joint ventures where there is a ‘win’ for both parties and I was going to write a whole spiel on why FS should pursue that… but decided not to shoot my mouth off

I am also quite happy to put my resources anonymously under people here with their client never knowing… I have enough clients… I don’t need to steal anyone’s

The only qualification is that if we are going to make money for the client and guarantee our work then we do not need to be afraid to charge for it

Why would I want to do this? The mental stimulation and I am a people person… plus leverage of course :)

IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up

JV section is an excellent idea. I’m on NEIS and I keep telling them there should be some kind of network where we can help each other out. Same here, loads of people with individual skill sets that could be made better in a JV partnership.

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 117179 wrote:
    Hi,
    I am curious what to do if you are looking for a JV partner. Are we allowed to post a thread looking for one?

If not, would a Joint partner sub forums might be a good idea?
    Thanks

Hi Matt and all,

Thanks for question and ideas.

We do get joint venture / partnership opportunities cropping up in the ‘Need a resource/referral’ section and where they are genuine win/win opportunites then these are within guidelines and welcome.

The grey area we’ve found when looking at these sort of sections in the past is that it tends to attract more directly promotional posts such as businesses for sale, job ads and need work listings etc where one party is essentially advertising for something to help them… nothing wrong with that per se, but it’s not an avenue we’re looking to go down at the moment.

I’ll talk to the guys about this further, but at this stage I’d suggest JV posts be included in this section and as long as their in the spirit of mutual benefit then they’ll be within guidelines. There’s also meetups and private messages where these type of relationships can be developed via Flying Solo.

As always we’re very open to further ideas as to how we can help create more value and opportunities through the community so any comments welcome.

Cheers,
    Pete

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    FS Administrator, post: 117431 wrote:
    Hi Matt and all,

Thanks for question and ideas.

We do get joint venture / partnership opportunities cropping up in the ‘Need a resource/referral’ section and where they are genuine win/win opportunites then these are within guidelines and welcome.

The grey area we’ve found when looking at these sort of sections in the past is that it tends to attract more directly promotional posts such as businesses for sale, job ads and need work listings etc where one party is essentially advertising for something to help them… nothing wrong with that per se, but it’s not an avenue we’re looking to go down at the moment.

I’ll talk to the guys about this further, but at this stage I’d suggest JV posts be included in this section and as long as their in the spirit of mutual benefit then they’ll be within guidelines. There’s also meetups and private messages where these type of relationships can be developed via Flying Solo.

As always we’re very open to further ideas as to how we can help create more value and opportunities through the community so any comments welcome.

Cheers,
    PeteThanks Peter :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.